The flavors of your favorite sub sandwich are stirred into a simple skillet meal and studded with fluffy potato gnocchi and creamy cheeses. This Philly Cheesesteak Gnocchi Bake is sure to be a new dinner menu must-have.
Do you have favorite flavor combinations? I know I do– tomato and basil, buffalo and ranch, even peanut butter and chocolate. Just to name a few.
Still, the front runner on my favorite list will always be Philly Cheesesteak. And over the years we’ve found some truly original ideas for re-imagining it.
Remember that ‘but not limited to’ bit? That’s the bit that kept us guessing, trying new incarnations and concoctions until we made this awesome Philly Cheesesteak Gnocchi Bake.
A quick and easy skillet meal, this Philly Cheesesteak Gnocchi Bake has it all.
Seasoned ground beef, sauteed peppers and onions combine with fluffy potato dumplings and cheese for a dish that’s bursting with Philly Cheesesteak flavor in every single bite. Creamy, cheesy gnocchi mac and cheese + the classic flavor of your favorite sub sandwich = mealtime magic.
Don’t miss out on this fun, new dish.
Creamy, cheesy gnocchi mac and cheese + the classic flavor of your favorite sub sandwich = mealtime magic. Don’t miss out on this fun, new dish. Seriously, this Philly Cheesesteak Gnocchi Bake waits for no one.
What’re your favorite flavor combinations? Do you have your own unique spin on the flavors of Philly Cheesesteak? We’d love to hear about them in the comments below.
Other Similar Recipes You Might Also Enjoy:
- Philly Cheesesteak Stew
- Ground Beef Philly Cheesesteak Grilled Cheese
- Cheeseburger Gnocchi Skillet Dinner
- 3 Cheese Gnocchi Mac & Cheese
If you’ve tried this PHILLY CHEESESTEAK GNOCCHI BAKE, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Philly Cheesesteak Gnocchi Bake
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 small onion sliced
- 1 16 oz pkg potato gnocchi
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cook the Gnocchi according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold water to stop them cooking, and set aside.
- In a large cast iron skillet or dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the peppers and onions, stirring occasionally, and cook until tender. Transfer the cooked veggies to a plate.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook, stirring and breaking up, until completely browned. Drain completely and return the meat to the skillet.
- Add the cream cheese, Worcestershire, Dijon, and salt to a small mixing bowl. Stir until the mixture's evenly combined. Transfer the mixture to the skillet and stir it into the beef until again, evenly incorporated. Stir in the veggies and cooked gnocchi until fully incorporated, use a spatula to spread the mixture out evenly across the skillet. Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly out over top.
- Bake the skillet meal at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Turn the broiler on, and watching the dish carefully to avoid burning, brown the cheese.
- Serve warm, garnished with chopped or dried parsley, if desired.
recipe adapted from This Gal Cooks