Easy. Peasy. And, yes, cheesy. (Sorry, had to go there. The rhyme was just too tempting.) This 3 Cheese Gnocchi Mac & Cheese is straight-up comfort food at it’s best.
Two of my favorite things, both equally indulgent, in one fantastic dish? Yes, please!
Fluffy potato gnocchi basking in a rich, creamy cheese sauce worthy of gracing the plate of even the haughtiest of Mac & Cheese snobs?
Fill ‘er up, and I’m already calling dibs on seconds.
Has my kitchen ever churned out such a fine bowl of creamy comfort before? And The taste!
There’s just a small price to pay for a few decadent cheeses. And some calories.
Don’t like fontina? There are several other cheeses that go great in this recipe: gouda, colby jack, smoked provolone, even mozzarella- just to name a few. Make the three cheese combination your own! You really can’t go wrong when it comes to cheese.
But the finished product absolutely pales in comparison.
Grab a spoon, grab a fork, grab whatever’s handy and dig into a cheesy bowl full of this amazing 3 cheese gnocchi mac and cheese. Self love is one of the most important forms of love, and that includes your diet.
You can enjoy your gnocchi mac and cheese, guilt free, just apply the rules of portion control. Hard as that may be with this recipe!
Dig in for a quick and easy pick me up on cold days, bad days, or just days when you want to treat yourself to a hearty bowl of creamy cheesy comfort in a simple dish.
If you’ve tried this 3 CHEESE GNOCCHI MAC & CHEESE, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
3 Cheese Gnocchi Mac & Cheese
- 2 16 oz pkgs potato gnocchi
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3-4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup half and half or milk (warmed)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded fontina cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- finely-chopped fresh parsley or basil for topping
- Cook the gnocchi according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While the gnocchi cooks, get started on the cheese sauce: In a small bowl, stir together the cornstarch and the broth until evenly combined and set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat the butter over medium heat. Add in the garlic and saute, stirring constantly, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the cornstarch mixture, and whisk until combined and a roux has formed. Slowly stir in the milk a little bit at a time, and whisk until combined.
- Continue cooking, whisking constantly, until the mixture reaches a low boil. Then remove from heat, and stir in the cheeses until they too are melted and the cheese sauce is smooth. Season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste, if desired, and remove from heat.
- Transfer the cooked gnocchi to the cheese sauce stirring until they're completely coated. Serve immediately, with a sprinkle of finely chopped, fresh basil and/or parsley and a sprinkle of shredded Parmesan, if desired.
Pictures Updated 8/18/16