Crusty balls of pizza dough, filled with melted mozzarella cheese and sliced pepperoni– this Pepperoni Pizza Pull Apart Bread is my new definition of happiness. Indulge yourself and treat your guests with this fun Game Day appetizer.
Thanksgiving is over, and we’re in the lovely lull between the first big event of the season and the second. While I’m going to take a few days, shoot maybe even a week off from planning our Christmas menu, I can’t avoid yummy finger food for game days. And, of course, if I’m being honest– with recipes like this Pepperoni Pizza Pull Apart Bread, I sure as heck don’t want to!
Appetizers don’t get easier than this one. We’ve done pull apart rolls before. They’re great, mostly because they’re super easy to throw together and also because you can stuff so many yummy things inside. In this case? Sliced pepperoni and creamy mozzarella cheeses. Brushed with olive oil and butter before baking, sprinkled with grated Parmesan, and served with warm marinara sauce for dipping– it’s the ultimate appetizer.
Skip the order for delivery, and avoid a last minute trip to the store. You’ve got the right idea though, Pizza and Game Day do go hand in hand. With this yummy Pepperoni Pizza Pull Apart Bread there’s no tipping. Pop it in the oven right before kick off and you won’t even need to miss a second of the action on the field. Serve it on a pretty platter, or a cute cutting board with a small bowl of warm marinara set right in the middle. It couldn’t be any easier for guests to grab their own dippable piece of the ‘pie’.
- 3-4 tsp minced garlic
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 lbs pizza dough
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into 48 small cubes
- 48 slices of pepperoni
- 2-3 tsp grated Parmesan
- 3 cups marinara sauce, warmed
- In a small skillet over medium heat, stir together the garlic and butter until melted and smooth. Remove the skillet from heat and let the mixture cool, about 1 minute.
- Brush the garlic butter over the inside of a bundt pan, evenly coating the entire surface. Set aside the remaining garlic butter.
- Dived the pizza dough into roughly 48 large, marble-sized balls.
- Working with one dough ball at a time, use your fingers to flatten out the dough into a small cup-sized circle. Add a slice of pepperoni and a cheese cube to the center.
- Bring the sides of the dough together around and enclosing the pepperoni and cheese and use your fingers to pinch/seal the dough together tightly.
- Lightly brush the dough with garlic butter and place it in the prepared pan.
- Repeat until all of the dough balls have been filled, buttered, and put in the pan.
- Cover the dish while preheating the oven to 400. Remove the cover and bake the dough for 35-40 minutes, until the dough is cooked throughout and the top's golden brown.
- Remove the dish from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Working quickly, flip the bundt pan over onto the center of a serving platter or cutting board. Tap/knock on the top of the bundt pan (id needed) to release the pull apart bread. Remove the bundt pan.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan evenly out over the top of the pull apart bread.
- Fill a small glass prep bow with the warmed marinara and set in the center of the pull apart bread before serving. Refilling as needed.