Monster burgers give cheeseburgers a ghoulish makeover perfect for Halloween! Kids of all ages will love these adorable monsters complete with olive eyes, cheese fangs and a pickle tongue.
This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
This spooky season, why should sweets have all the fun?
There are so many amazing creepy desserts for Halloween but not enough savory mains.
These monster burgers are a cute way to the standard sandwich a festive Halloween makeover.
And putting them together to make spooktacular sandwich is just as easy as building a basic burger.
To make these, you’ll need:
- Hamburger buns– Store bought or homemade.
- Hamburger patties– Cook them however you like.
- Cheese– Cheddar cheese slices. You can substitute another cheese if you prefer but make sure you are using slices so you can make the fangs.
- Dill pickles– Make sure you are using sandwich slices. The round cut pickles, spears and whole dill pickles won’t create the tongue.
- Toppings– Mustard, ketchup, and other toppings of choice.
- Olives– Large green olives with pimentos to make googly eyeballs.
You’ll also need toothpicks to secure the eyeballs and tongue.
How to Make
Making these burgers is frighteningly easy!
To do it, top a bottom burger bun with your desired toppings. For best results, make sure none of the toppings are hanging over the edge of the bun.
Then, put your cooked burger patty on top of the fixings.
Add one slice of pickle so that it hangs off the edge of the burger for the ‘tongue’.
Using a paring knife, cut some triangle shapes out of one side of a slice of cheese for teeth and add that to the burger. Position the cheese teeth over the pickle tongue.
Spread the top bun with mayo, ketchup, and/or mustard and then add the bun to close the hamburger.
Stick two olives on the end of two toothpicks and insert them firmly into the burger for the ‘eyes’.
Repeat to prepare all four burgers, and serve- being careful to remove the toothpicks before enjoying!
Tips and Tricks
- You can add some ketchup around the edges of the cheese teeth to resemble ‘blood’ for a fun, spooky touch.
- Make these burgers as big or as small as you’d like. I served these for dinner, but you could use our cheeseburger sliders recipe and make them into a smaller finger food perfect for parties and little hands.
- Don’t forget to remove the toothpicks before digging in!
Other Savory Halloween Recipes
These Halloween monster burgers are perfect for a spooky dinner or to serve at a Halloween party. Make them for your celebrations this year and enjoy!
Looking for other savory Halloween recipes? Try these:
If you’ve tried these HALLOWEEN MONSTER BURGERS, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Halloween Monster Burgers
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 hamburger patties cooked via your preferred method
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- dill pickle sandwich slices
- burger toppings of choice
- large green olives with pimentos
- Top a bottom burger bun with your desired toppings- ex: lettuce, tomato, onion, etc.
- Top that with your cooked burger patty. Add one slice of pickle so that it hangs off the edge of the burger for the 'tongue'.
- Using a paring knife, cut some triangles/teeth out of one side of a slice of cheese and add that to the burger. Make sure the teeth are positioned over the pickle tongue.
- Spread the top bun with mayo/ketchup/or mustard and then add it, closing the hamburger.
- Stick two olives on the end of two tooth picks, then insert them firmly into the burger for the 'eyes'.
- Repeat to prepare all four burgers, and serve- being careful to remove the toothpicks before enjoying!
Check out all of these great #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes for today
- Haunted Mansion Bloody Wedding Cake from Big Bear’s Wife
- Frankenstein Cupcakes from Semi Homemade Recipes
- Poison Apple Mocktail from Jen Around the World
- Graveyard Dirt Cream Puffs from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Cookies & Cream Cheesecakes from Fresh April Flours
- Halloween Cupcakes from Devour Dinner
- Halloween Ghost Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Macarons from The Redhead Baker
- Monster Burgers from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Poisoned Apple Hand Pies from Cookaholic Wife
- Halloween Nachos from Eat Move Make
- Homemade Butterbeer from House of Nash Eats
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts from The Flour Handprint
- Caramel Apple Sandwich Cookies from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Hocus Pocus Spell Book Cupcakes from It’s Shanaka
- Halloween Cake Pops from Sweet Beginnings
- Deviled Egg Eyeballs from The Spiffy Cookie
- Poisoned Apple Macarons from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pizza Skulls from Lemon Blossoms
- Bloody Dirty Shirley Float from An Affair from the Heart
- Reese’s Pieces Cookies from Back To My Southern Roots
- Oogie Boogie Dark Chocolate Brownies from Savory Moments
- Halloween Ghost Kabobs from Our Good Life
Welcome!!! It is almost Halloween which means it is time for this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipe and giveaway event!!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 4th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 28 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
41 Pieces Silicone Bakeware Set
3 Piece Halloween Silicone Spatula Set
Nordic Ware Haunted Skull Cakelet Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsor to winner, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 11th – October 15th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 1 (ONE) prize pack and therefore we will have a total of 1 (ONE) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Leave a Comment