Get festive with a quick & easy dessert the whole family will love. These Creepy Crawly Dirt Cup Pudding Parfaits feature alternating layers of crushed chocolate sandwich cookies & rich chocolate pudding. Topped with gummy earth worms, they’re the best way to get into the theme of things!
This post and recipe were created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsors, but (as always) all opinions are 100% my own.
Today’s officially the first day of October. I’m not one to naturally embrace the spooky season when August rolls around, but now that my calendar page has flipped- let all things All Hallow’s Eve commence!
That includes us bringing y’all some seriously awesome treats this year. The sons’ have encourage me to pull out all the stops. They say it’s for you guys, my faithful readers, but they can’t fool their Mama. I know it’s really for them, the little adorable devils!
Luckily, I was happy to oblige, and #HalloweenTreatsWeek has given me the perfect excuse.
I’m especially happy to announce one of our generous sponsors this year is Dixie Crystal’s sugar. We partnered with them and came up with the ultimate Halloween treat, one fit for all ages.
These yummy Creepy Crawly Dirt Cup Pudding Parfaits. It’s a recipe we first came across in the most recent addition of their kids cookbook this past Summer. One we obviously doctored a bit, but never the less- they introduced us to a real winner in the kid-friendly, festive dessert department.
Dixie Crystal’s My First Cookbook has been published since 1959. And it shows, they know what they’re doing.
The book is simple, but very well though out. I loved that it’s hard bound, but binder style- making it heavy duty, and easy for my young cook to quickly turn pages without worrying about ripping or tearing.
The photographs are large, and stunning, easily appealing to both kids and adults and making it easy to see what a yummy finished product awaits you. While my son was able to read all of the ingredients and instructions, the book is well though out for all ages and includes many visual aids.
In addition to a list of measured ingredients, there’s a visual list of ingredients and tolls/appliances needed. There’s also a visual, linear representation or each and every step required for preparation. Something so simple, but for my 8 year old- it transformed him from tentative to confident with each recipe he’s tried.
Something so simple, but so beautiful to see, because it mean he was excited to keep going and trying to create more delicious things. A love of cooking took root from this beautifully executed children’s cook book. It’s a tradition that several generations now have learned to cook with, my own sons’ included.
Do you want to introduce your own kids or grandkids to cooking? This book is an easy bridge, making them eager to roll those sleeves up and get their hands dirty in the kitchen with Mom, Grandma, etc. You will still probably have to remind them to wash those little hands first though.
He was so proud of his finished product. Other things he made from the My First Cookbook and loved? Monster Cookie Dough Balls, Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats, Strawberry Milkshake Pie, and Watermelon Popsicles.
He had a fun Summer in the kitchen with Mama, and we ate some very delicious snacks & desserts!
Which brings us back to today’s sweet, totally kid friendly treat- these indulgent Creepy Crawly Dirt Cup Pudding Parfaits. A dessert so easy, a kid can do it- literally my youngest kid did do it! And he crushed it!!
Alternating layers of crushed chocolate Oreos and sweet chocolate pudding are added to pretty glass jars (for presentation purposes, of course), and topped with a couple of gummy worms. It’s a delicious dessert, that look s just spooky enough to give the kids a moment of pause before digging in.
Seriously, there’s nothing cuter than watching one of the younger kids contemplating life and really not sure they believe you when you tell them this Creepy Crawly Dirt Cup Pudding Parfaits isn’t gross at all, and 100 % safe to eat!
Traditions are so important, and they go hand in hand with holidays. Start your own this year, with our Creepy Crawly Dirt Cup Pudding Parfaits. You’ll all look back on the memories and smile for years to come!
Other Halloween Themed Treats You Might Also Enjoy:
- Shrimp On The Brain Cracker Spread
- Double Double Toil & Trouble Mac & Cheese
- Monster Sandwiches
- Mummy On A Stick
- Monster Tongues
Stick around after the recipe to see the great prizes our sponsors are giving away for #HalloweenTreatsWeek & to see what everyone else has brought to the holiday table!
Creepy Crawly Dirt Cup Pudding Parfaits
- 1 15 oz pkg chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 3.4 oz pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystal's sugar
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- gummy worms, for garnish
- Add the cookies to a bowl of a food processor, and pulse until finely ground- so they resemble sand. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the milk, pudding mix, and cocoa powder together until evenly combined. Set aside for 3-5 minutes, or until thickened.
- In another bowl, use a hand mixer to whip the cream cheese and sugar together until fluffy & combined. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Spread a generous amount of the pudding mix into the bottom of a jar. Top with an even layer of the cookie crumbles. Repeat. Top with a couple of gummy worms. Serve immediately.
We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam’s Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st – October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Melting Ghost Hot Chocolate from Big Bear’s Wife
- Day of the Dead Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes from Pook’s Pantry
- Devilish Halloween Deviled Eggs from Pastry Chef Online
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from ReciPEAs
- Cauldron Cupcakes from Mrs. Happy Homemaker
- Black Magic Skull Cakes from Sugar Dish Me
- Frankenstein’s Monster Pudding Cups from I am a Honey Bee
- Halloween Sprinkle Cookie Cake from Love and Confections
- Chocolate Dipped Brownie Pops for Halloween from Southern From Scratch
- Creepy Crawly Dirt Cup Pudding Parfaits from 4 Sons R Us
- “Guts” Cinnamon Rolls from A Blender Mom
- Creepy Eyeball Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
- Mummy Bites from Eat Move Make
- Monkey Brain Bread from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Cookie Pizza from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Boo Berry Pie from Kudos Kitchen
- Monster Donuts from The Baking Fairy
- Boogeyman Brew from Who Needs A Cape?
- Purple People Eater Thumbprints from The Spiffy Cookie
- Hocus Pocus Halloween Decorated Pretzels from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Black and Orange Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Skeleton Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Monster Mash Cake from Mildly Meandering
- Graveyard Skillet Brownies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Blood-Red Pomegranate Margarita from The Redhead Baker
- Halloween Snoballs from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Cherry Hand Pies from House of Nash Eats
- Halloween Dunkaroo Dip from Savory Experiments
- Bloody Eyeball Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Eye Scream Sundae from For the Love of Food
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.