Loaded buffalo cheese fries are the newest trend from TikTok that you absolutely need in your life now! These spicy cheesy fries are the perfect appetizer for game day or a yummy decadent side dish anytime!
Oh TikTok. How I love you and all the glorious recipe ideas.
There have been so many good ones that we’ve enjoyed:
Just to name a few!
Well, this latest delight is an over the top take on cheese fries that makes perusing TikTok so very worth it!
Full of cheesy goodness, zesty buffalo sauce and bacon, you are sure to love them!
To make these you need:
- Fries– Go for frozen crinkle cut fries. You could use other fries if you prefer but I’d avoid shoestring since they may not hold up and steak fries because they may get soggy.
- Cheese– Use a block of Velveeta. It will create a smooth, creamy sauce.
- Buffalo sauce– Choose your favorite and match your choice to your heat preference. You could use mild, medium or heat.
- Green onions– Slice them up thinly.
- Bacon– No need to cook it first. Just chop it into small pieces.
- Ranch dressing– To balance out the the heat of the buffalo sauce and drizzle over top.
How to Make
These are super easy to make and only need one dish as an added bonus!
To make them, start by lightly spraying a 9×13″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Then, unwrap the block of cheese and place it in the very center of the prepared dish.
Add the fries to the dish, placing them evenly all around the cheese on all side without dumping the fries out of the bag. You want any ice crystals to remain in the bag.
Pour the buffalo sauce evenly out over the block of cheese.
Sprinkle half of the sliced green onions and the bacon evenly out over the entire dish.
Now bake the dish at 425° for 30-35 minutes.
Remove the dish from the oven, and let it rest for 2-3 full minutes.
Drizzle ranch dressing evenly out over top of the entire dish. Finish it by sprinkling the rest of the sliced green onions out over top.
Serve and enjoy!
Won’t the fries be soggy?
No, this is not guaranteed to result in a soggy mess of uncooked fries for a few reasons.
First, Velveeta has a high melting point and the fries create a natural trough so it doesn’t spread far during baking.
However, once you serve a scoop of the fries, the damn will be broken and the liquid golden cheese will run rampant through the dish. Be prepared!
Tips and Tricks
- Don’t dump the fries in the dish- the ice crystals in the bag will melt during baking and keep the fries from cooking through or crisping
- Use a buffalo sauce that matches your heat preference; mild, medium, or hot depending
- Want more authentic flavor? Add crumbled blue cheese as a final garnish.
- If you want your fries EXTRA crispy, you can air fry them or bake them separately for a few minutes before including them as instructed.
- Want to crisp up the top? You can broil this for 1-2 minutes after baking, but watch carefully to prevent anything from burning or overly browning
- Yes, the bacon does bake up to crispy little bits right on top of the fries.
Other French Fry Recipes You’ll Love
These loaded buffalo cheese fries are my newest TikTok obsession. Make them today and see why!
Looking for other French fry recipes? Try these:
- Bacon Cheeseburger French Fry Platter
- Loaded Maple Bacon Donut Fries
- Cheesy Baked Potato Wedges
- Crispy, Oven Baked Green Bean Fries
- Greek Style Oven Fries
- Mexican Street Fries with Salsa Ketchup
If you’ve tried these LOADED BUFFALO CHEESE FRIES or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Loaded Buffalo Cheese Fries
- Lightly spray a 9x13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Unwrap the block of cheese and place it in the very center of the prepared dish.
- Add the fries to the dish, placing them evenly all around the cheese on all sides. Don't dump them, being careful to leave any ice crystals behind in the bag.
- Pour the buffalo sauce evenly out over the block of cheese.
- Sprinkle half of the sliced green onions evenly out over the entire dish.
- Sprinkle the bacon evenly out over the entire dish.
- Bake the dish at 425° for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven, and let it rest for 2-3 full minutes.
- Drizzle ranch dressing evenly out over top of the entire dish. Sprinkle the rest of the sliced green onions out over top.
- Scoop out onto waiting plates, serve, and enjoy!