Italian hoagie dip makes a flavorful appetizer or fun twist on lunch or dinner. Chock full of all the flavors of the classic sub sandwich, this creamy dip will be a hit with friends and family anytime you whip it up!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
There’s nothing quite like a big, juicy Italian hoagie.
Chock full of pepperoni, salami, ham, cheese and onions and peppers, it is a meat lover’s dream come true.
My boys and I all love them.
What better way to serve up a new spin on this classic by putting those flavors into a creamy, tangy dip?
It makes a super fun appetizer, lunch or even dinner and it’s so easy to make.
You’ll be making it over and over again!
To make this you’ll need:
- Meats– You’ll need small pepperoni, genoa hard salami and thinly sliced ham all diced.
- Provolone cheese– Use any kind of sliced provolone cheese you like and dice it up.
- Veggies– Diced red onion, minced, jarred banana peppers, and finely chopped iceberg lettuce.
- Mayonnaise– Use full fat, real mayo and not mayonnaise style dressing for best results.
- Sour cream– Full fat sour cream has the best flavor and mouth feel.
- Pepper juice– This is optional but for a little extra briny kick I love adding a little bit of juice from the jar of banana peppers.
- Italian seasoning
How to Make
Making this is so easy!
Just add the chopped meats, cheese, onions, and peppers to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
Then add the mayo, sour cream, Italian seasoning, and pepper juice to a medium mixing bowl.
Whisk together until the mixture’s smooth and evenly combined.
Then, pour the dressing mixture into the bowl with the combined meats and cheeses.
Gently toss until evenly combined.
Just before serving, stir in the lettuce.
Serve with your choice of dipping options, and enjoy!
Dippers for Italian Hoagie Dip
You can dip almost anything you want into this.
Some of my favorites are:
- toasted pieces of baguette or bakery bread
- bagel chips
- carrot and celery sticks
- slices of pepper
- pita chips
Can I make it ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this a day or so ahead of time if you store it covered in the fridge and don’t add the lettuce.
When you are ready to serve, remove it from the fridge and stir in the lettuce.
Other Dips You’ll Love
Italian hoagie dip is a fun way to enjoy the classic sub flavor in a shareable snack or appetizer.
Make it for your next gathering and enjoy!
Looking for other dip recipes?
- Chicken Club Sandwich Dip
- Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- Pimento Cheese Dip
- Dill Pickle Wrap Dip
- Everything Bagel Dip
- Hot Ham & Swiss Dip
If you’ve tried this ITALIAN HOAGIE DIP, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Italian Hoagie Dip
- 1/4 lb small pepperoni diced
- 1/4 lb genoa hard salami diced
- 1/4 lb thin ham diced
- 8-10 slices provolone cheese diced
- 3/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup banana peppers minced
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp pepper juice optional
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups finely chopped Iceberg lettuce
- To a large mixing bowl, add the chopped meats, cheese, onions, and peppers. Stir to combine.
- In a smaller medium sized mixing bowl, add the mayo, sour cream, Italian seasoning, and pepper juice (if using). Whisk together until the mixture's smooth and evenly combined.
- Pour the dressing mixture into the bowl with the combined meats and cheeses. Gently toss until evenly combined.
- Just before serving, stir in the lettuce.
- Serve with your choice of dipping options, and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details. As always, all opinions are my own.