Quick & easy, this creamy Hot Pimento Cheese Dip is a must-have appetizer for Game Day. It’s a savory snack, fit for feeding (and filling up) any crowd.
Pimento cheese is an undeniably Southern tradition. And I’d argue up there with some of the tastiest!
You can’t tell its one my favorites, can you?
Usually, it spends its time as a favored sandwich spread, but we crazy kids below the Mason Dixon line have been known to shake things up from time to time.
Instead of going the typical route, we’ve gone and ‘spiced’ things up a bit. Pun totally intended!
With a few simple extra ingredients we’ve taken this spread beyond the sandwich plate.
By adding some savory flavor and just a hint of spice, this spread has been transformed into the best hot cheese dip around, and one of our favorite new appetizers of 2016.
A rich & cream cheese dip, this one is studded with pimento peppers, bacon, and even some jalapenos for the perfect amount of spice.
Slathered on a crisp cracker, spread over a slice of warm baguette, shoveled in by the spoonful- it’s quick, easy, and perfect for any crowd- especially a rowdy, hungry bunch on Game Day.
If you’ve tried these HOT PIMENTO CHEESE DIP, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on.
Hot Pimento Cheese Dip
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 2 8 oz pkgs cream cheese softened
- 1 7 oz jar pimento peppers drained & diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp finely diced jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup crisp cooked crumbled bacon, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all the ingredients until evenly combined.
- Lightly spray a 9" baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish, and smooth out evenly with the back of a spatula.
- Bake the dip at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.
- Serve this dip hot, with tortilla chips or thin slices of a crusty baguette for dipping.
Pictures updated 12/27/17
Check out some of our other favorite uses for Pimento Cheese:
Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich
Leave a Comment