Instant Pot creamy chicken and noodles is a delicious, easy meal you can make right in your pressure cooker. Just throw a few ingredients into your Instant Pot and before you know it you have a yummy chicken and noodle dinner your family will love. The perfect meal for even the busiest weeknight!
Creamy chicken and noodles. Is there a more classic or comforting flavor combination?
I don’t know about you but I can’t think of one.
The combination of creamy chicken and egg noodles reminds me of Pennsylvania Dutch chicken pot pie.
Pennsylvania Dutch Chicken Pot Pie
Have you ever had Pennsylvania Dutch chicken pot pie? It is very different from the crusted pot pie that you may be familiar with.
This regional dish is a Pennsylvania Dutch staple that I’ve had when we’ve visited Pittsburgh.
Instead of having chicken, veggies, and creamy broth between two layers of pie crust, Pennsylvania Dutch pot pie combines chicken and wide egg noodles together in a lighter but still creamy sauce.
Sometimes you’ll see it with root veggies like carrots and potatoes thrown in. Other times, it’s pretty much chicken and noodles and either way it is a bowl of comforting goodness.
My Instant Pot creamy chicken and noodles is very much like the Pennsylvania Dutch pot pie- only it’s ready in a fraction of the time and effort thanks to pressure cooking.
How to Make Creamy Chicken and Noodles in the Instant Pot
Making this pressure cooker chicken and noodles recipe is a snap!
This easy Instant Pot recipe is beginner friendly and essentially dump and go so it’s perfect if you’re still trying to get comfortable with pressure cooking.
To make this, add the butter, broth, cream of chicken soup, garlic, poultry seasoning and salt and pepper to the metal inner liner of your Instant Pot. Whisk everything together to combine it.
Then add the chicken breasts to the liner and make sure they are fully covered in the liquid. Secure the lid onto the pot and set the valve to the sealed position.
Then set your Instant Pot to pressure cook on high pressure. Depending on your Instant Pot model, you might need to push the manual button to set your pot to pressure cook.
Once the timer beeps, let the pot sit and naturally release for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, turn the sealing valve to do a quick release. Open the lid and press cancel to turn off the pot. Use tongs to remove the chicken from the pot to a waiting plate. Set it aside.
Then stir the frozen egg noodles into the pot. Press them down to make sure they are submerged fully in the broth.
Put the lid back on the pot and turn the vent knob back to the sealed position. Pressure cook the noodles for 6 minutes.
Once the pot beeps, do a quick release and remove the lid.
Then shred the chicken and stir it back into the noodle mixture. Let the chicken sit in the noodle mixture until it is warmed back up and the sauce thickens slightly.
Tips and Tricks For Making The Best Instant Pot Chicken & Noodles
This creamy chicken and noodle recipe is very easy. If you follow these tips and tricks you’ll be set up for success each time you make this recipe.
- Short cut this quick cooking process by using shredded rotisserie chicken. To do that, just combine all the ingredients for the broth and add the noodles. Pressure cook the noodles for 6 minutes as described above. Then shred the rotisserie chicken and add that to the cooked noodles in place of pressure cooked chicken breasts.
- Make sure your noodles are fully submerged in the liquid prior to pressure cooking.
- Don’t forget to seal the valve on your Instant Pot.
Want to get some veggies in to make it a one pot, one stop family meal? Turn this dish into more of a casserole by adding in a bag of frozen veggies with the noodles.
If you’d prefer a thicker chicken & noodles, you can add some softened cream cheese or heavy cream to the pot after everything’s cooked. Just stir until evenly combined and thickened (if desired). The pictured dish doesn’t have either of those things in it.
The same goes for if you’d like things on the soupier side, stir in some additional chicken broth until heated through and the consistency is to your liking.
Lastly, I know all pressure cookers can vary and not everyone has the same buttons or functions. As usual all recipes are made in our 8 quart DUO.
If your pot doesn’t have a manual/pressure cook button, you can still make and enjoy this dish. Instead use the poultry setting, but make sure you turn it up to high pressure.
Other Instant Pot Recipes You Might Also Enjoy
This Instant Pot creamy chicken and noodles is a family favorite. Make it today and find out why we love it so much.
Looking for other easy Instant Pot recipes? Try these:
- Instant Pot pork chops & gravy
- Instant Pot cheeseburger macaroni
- Instant Pot cheesy ground beef & rice
If you’ve tried this INSTANT POT CREAMY CHICKEN & NOODLES, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken & Noodles
- 2-3 large chicken breasts fat trimmed
- 1 10.75 oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 stick butter melted
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 24 oz bag frozen egg noodles
- To the bowl of the pressure cooker add the butter, broth, soup, garlic, poultry seasoning, and salt & pepper- to taste. Whisk together just until everything's combined.
- Add in the chicken breasts.
- Put the lid on the pot, turning to close, and set the release valve to the sealed position.
- Press the pressure cook (or manual) butter and set the timer for 12 minutes at high pressure. Larger pieces of chicken may take more time to cook, or if you used all three. Do not set the timer to more than 15 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off to let you know the cooking is done, let the pot sit and naturally release for 10 minutes. Immediately, but carefully, turn the valve to unseal and perform a quick release.
- Open the lid, and press cancel to turn off the pot. Using a pair of tongs, carefully remove the cooked chicken breasts to a waiting plate. Set aside.
- Stir the frozen noodles into the broth in the pot. Press them down if you have to so that they're all as submerged as possible in the liquid.
- Return the lid to the pot, turning to close. Turn the vent knob to the sealing position, and pressure cook the noodles for 6 minutes.
- Shred the chicken using two forks, or meat claws if you have them.
- Stir the shredded chicken back into the noodle mixture, and let it sit until the chicken's heated through and the sauce has thickened a bit.
- Ladle into bowls and serve immediately.
recipe adapted from Simply Happy Foodie