Crockpot pork and rice is the slow cooker meal you need on a busy weekday night. Needing virtually no prep, you can quickly get this ready in the morning and have a hearty dinner more or less waiting when you come home from your long day.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Slow cooking is not only super convenient, it creates some of the most tender meat you have ever tasted.
This pork, for example, is so perfectly tender that it breaks apart with just a pair of forks.
Not only is it incredibly delicious, but this is a stick to your ribs dinner that feeds my family of hungry boys and keeps them from reaching for a snack an hour later.
Plus, you can have a little fun with this recipe and customize by adding veggies or changing the soup.
But the best part is you can really stretch this and get a couple of nights of dinner out of it, which saves you even more time and money.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pork chops – Use boneless, skinless if you can. In a pinch, you can use bone in, just make sure you carefully remove the bones.
- Chicken broth – You could use more water, but chicken broth adds some extra flavor.
- Cream of mushroom soup – But any cream of soup will work great for this recipe so use whatever you’ve got.
- Seasonings – Garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, pepper (to taste), and smoked paprika.
- Butter – Make sure you cube it before adding.
- Rice – Use your favorite long grain white rice.
- Cheddar cheese – You can use your favorite type (sharp or mild) and either shred it yourself or use the bagged stuff.
How to Make
Lay the pork chops out evenly on the bottom of the slow cooker and then pour the condensed soup, broth, and one cup of water over top of the pork.
Next, stir in the seasonings.
Before placing the lid on top, drop the cubes of butter in around the pot.
Put the lid on top and then cook on low heat for 7 hours.
Remove the lid and shred the pork using a two forks or meat claws.
When the pork is ready, pour the rice and remaining cup of water into the slow cooker and stir everything together. Then press any rice down to submerge it beneath the liquid.
Next, cover with the lid and cook on HIGH heat for another 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the rice is tender. When the rice is done, turn off the CrockPot.
Carefully remove the lid and use a fork to fluff the rice. Finally, if using cheese, add it over top and let it rest for 5 minutes so that the cheese melts.
Serve and enjoy.
Tips and Tricks
- Don’t stir the rice with a spoon at the end. I know it’s tempting, but a spoon will mush the very tender rice. You must use a fork to carefully ‘fluff’ it.
- Sage and ground thyme are great spices to add to this if you want more depth of flavor. You can add them in with the other spices as instructed.
- Don’t have pork chops? You can use a pork loin and slice it into thin chops with a sharp knife.
- Want to add veggies to make it a complete meal? Add sliced celery, carrots, and onions with the pork. Alternatively, you can stir in a thawed bag of frozen peas & carrots 15 minutes before the rice is done cooking.
- Switch the soup up for added variety! Virtually any cream of soup will work in this recipe. We’ve used celery, broccoli, cheese, and even other mushroom varieties with delicious results.
- You can use bone-in pork chops, but make sure to dig any bones out before serving.
Other slow cooker meals you’ll love
Slow cooked pork and rice gives you a ready made meal when you come home from a long day of juggling work, school, and activities. Throw it in your slow cooker on your next busy day and enjoy knowing dinner is done!
If you love slow cooker meal ideas, check out some of my other favorites:
- Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken & Gravy
- Slow Cooker Chicken, Sausage, & Rice
- Crockpot Smothered Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Breasts
- Crockpot Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Crockpot Chicken & Stuffing
If you’ve tried this CROCKPOT PORK AND RICE, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Crockpot Pork & Rice
- 4-5 boneless pork chops
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 10.5 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- pepper to taste
- pinch smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp butter cubed
- 2 cups long grain white rice jasmine or basmati, recommended
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Lightly spray the bowl of your crockpot with non stick cooking spray, or prep it with a cooking liner.
- Lay the pork chops out evenly in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Pour the condensed soup, broth, and one cup of water over top of the pork. Add the seasonings.
- Add the lid and cook on low heat for 7 hours. Remove the lid & shred the pork.
- Pour the rice and remaining cup of water into the crockpot. Stir everything together, then press any rice down (if needed) to submerge it beneath the liquid.
- Cover and cook on HIGH heat, another 45 minutes - 1 hour, or until the rice is tender. Turn off the crockpot.
- Remove the lid, and fluff the rice & pork with a fork.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese, and let rest for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.
recipe originally from Back To My Southern Roots
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details. As always, all opinions are my own.