Sandwiches can become boring fast, especially when it’s just common cold cuts. Change up your game, get out your slow cooker, and transform some plain chicken into these delicious, no fuss crockpot buffalo chicken sandwiches.
This slow cooked sandwich meat is easy to make and perfect for our busy nights. The chicken comes out cooked to perfection with just the right amount of kick.
Customize your ‘kick’ by adding less buffalo sauce or more, to taste.
Don’t have buffalo wing sauce? Substitute hot sauce. I heart a flexible recipe!
It really is that easy. Just dump all the ingredients into the bowl of your crock pot, set it, and forget it. When the timer’s up- shred the chicken and serve.
You’ll want good bread. Life is far too short and unpredictable to suffer through bad bread. Trust me on this.
Don’t go sale, don’t go clearance. Go fresh. We made ours using a nice fresh loaf of sour dough, the slices toasted to perfection. If you can’t find a quality sourdough, I highly recommend searching out crusty rolls.
Not hamburger rolls, or hot dog buns- but truly crusty buns. Our family is all about texture, and that’s key for us truly enjoying this recipe. They will soak up the sauce without becoming soggy. Nobody likes a soggy sandwich.
Good butter goes with good bread.
Turn these into a delicious grilled cheese version by buttering the outsides of both slices, adding some shredded cheddar and/or blue cheese crumbles to the inside, and ‘grilling’ on a hot griddle until the outside are nice and crisped with melted cheese inside.
These sandwiches are perfect for any occasion: a delicious dinner, a game day snack, you name it!
Not feeling the sandwich thing? Serve this shredded buffalo chicken with thick crackers for an easy snack-able supper.
Cutting carbs? You can swap the bread & crackers out for celery sticks!
However you choose to serve & enjoy- these crockpot buffalo chicken sandwiches are always a hit. You can freeze the leftovers and have a delicious dinner ready for another day too!
If you’ve tried these CROCKPOT BUFFALO CHICKEN SANDWICHES, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with my PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 12 oz. bottle buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tablespoons ranch mix seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 loaf of sour dough bread or other crusty bread
- shredded cheddar cheese or blue cheese crumbles optional
- ranch dressing optional
- Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased slow cooker.
- In medium bowl, combine the buffalo wing sauce and ranch seasoning.
- Pour hot sauce mixture over chicken in slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken breasts in the slow cooker, or use your paddle attachment and easily shred them in a stand mixer. Stir in butter until melted.
- Pile buffalo chicken onto toasted slices of crusty bread. Top with cheese and/or ranch dressing, if desired.