Do you like your vegetables? On the fence? Turn your veggies into something you love with these Maple Glazed Thyme Roasted Carrots. Tender roasted carrots are glazed with smooth maple syrup, sauteed with thyme leaves, and roasted to perfection. It’s sure to be your go to side dish for any meal.
Maple. Syrup. Ahh, luscious maple syrup. It has a rich, earthy caramel smell with woodsy hints of vanilla.
One sniff, one taste, and I am sitting in a cozy log cabin in the snow-covered woods.
Inside, the fire crackles and I take lazy sips of hot tea, snugly in soft slippers while fluffy pancakes sizzle on a hot grill in the kitchen, and a tall pitcher of maple syrup waits on the table.
I learned a long time ago that my love affair with maple syrup isn’t just limited to fresh pancakes, it’s so much bigger than that. Maple syrup can seriously make so many things that much better.
These carrots though, with the help of a little
time thyme, some syrup, and a little love become the perfect side to complement any Winter meal.
These Maple Glazed Roasted Carrots seasoned with thyme are the perfect supper side dish. Whether as a regular dinner deal, or as a sweet and savory addition to a fancier meal- they’ll fit either menu just fine, and add a side of ‘wow’.
If you’ve tried these MAPLE GLAZED THYME ROASTED CARROTS, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Maple Glazed Thyme Roasted Carrots
- 1 bunch carrots washed & peeled
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Depending on the size of your carrots, cut them in half lengthwise, and possibly in half or thirds width-wise. You want your carrot pieces to be roughly uniform in size so they all cook at about the same rate.
- Heat oil in a heavy, oven proof skillet. Either cast-iron or a dutch oven should work well.
- Once the oil is nice and hot add carrots, sauteing for 4-6 minutes until they begin to brown.
- Don't over-stir. The longer they're touching the bottom of the skillet, the quicker they will brown.
- Sprinkle with thyme and salt.
- Pour maple syrup over the top and give the carrots a quick stir.
- Place the pan in a 400 degree oven and roast for 8-9 minutes.