Are you in need of a decadent dessert? These Butterfinger Trifles are just the ticket. Layers of rich chocolate ganache are paired with layers of fluffy peanut butter mousse. Topped with a sprinkle of crushed candies- it’s a delicious dessert fit for any crowd.
Another Halloween happened, and that means another year with lots of leftover candy from goodies.
You could pilfer some pieces from the kids stash, OR as I like to do (because I would never take candy from my babies, oh no, never ever) stock up the day after when everything’s at least 50 % off if not more.
That’s how I spent less than $10 and brought home a cart full of candy, and chocolate. And it gave me the perfect excuse (for these I would have happily grasped at any straw of an excuse though) to mix up the most amazing trifles we have ever tasted.
A rich chocolate ganache, layered with velvety peanut butter mousse, and topped with crispy, crunchy crushed pieces of Butterfinger candy bars. This is like a little bit of Heaven in a trifle dish.
And you thought Halloween was just for kids 😉
This Butterfinger Trifles dessert is quick and easy enough treat to whip up anytime, even at the last minute.
If you’ve got it more together than I do, it can be made ahead of time, stored covered in the fridge, and then topped with the Butterfinger bits before serving.
If you’ve tried these BUTTERFINGER TRIFLES, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
For The Milk Chocolate Ganache
- 1 +3/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk
For The Peanut Butter Mousse
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Butterfinger candy bars chopped
To Make The Ganache
- Add the chocolate chips and milk to a double boiler. Stir with a wire whisk until the chocolate has melted, and the two have evenly combined into a ganache (leaving no traces of milk behind) and it becomes thick and deep chocolate in color. Remove the top pot from heat and let the ganache cool about 15 minutes.
To Make The Mousse
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add in the whipping cream, peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. Whisk/mix on high until everything’s evenly incorporated and the whipping cream has thickened into a mousse-like texture.
To Assemble The Trifles
- Pour the ganache into a sturdy sandwich bag. Cut a very tiny corner for pouring. The smallest corner possible will allow for more control.
- Spoon in the peanut butter mousse. Fill about ¼ inch to ½ inch.
- Pour the ganache in to add a thin layer.
- Repeat the steps. And then top with a generous handful of Butterfinger crumbs.
- If you’re not serving immediately, cover the dishes with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until ready to serve, waiting to top with the candy bits until just before serving.