These Baby Ruth Cupcakes are the perfect treat for someone special in your life. With a moist cupcake base and a hidden baby ruth candy bar center, this delicious dessert is topped with sweet butter cream frosting, a sweet caramel sauce drizzle, & topped with a piece of the candy bar itself.
I remember these candy bars being everywhere when I was a kid, at the grocery store, the gas station, even vending machines.
They were always my Mom’s favorite.
In recent years, when I’ve got a craving, or in this case, a recipe calling their name, it’s always hit or miss if I can find them in the candy aisle.
I’m happy to report that with the approach of Halloween that Baby is back!
In full force, smack dab in the middle of all that Halloween candy action.
I immediately snagged a few bags, went home, and turned on my oven.
There was no delaying me, no denying me.
These. were. happening.
And then they happened.
And they were everything I’d hoped they’d be and so much more.
A Candy Bar Cupcake
Feast your eyes upon those beauties!
I never thought that I’d see the day when I could get the great taste of a Baby Ruth candy bar in a cup cake.
Candy bar. Cup cake.
They just don’t sound compatible.
What’s In A Baby Ruth Flavored Cupcake?
Well the hubs, the sons, and I are here to tell you guys that that day is today.
And ohhhhhhh baby- is it ever great!
Using your choice of a yellow or chocolate cupcake mix, with a Baby Ruth center, these are then topped with vanilla, or almond, butter cream icing.
They’re capped off with a drizzle of caramel sauce and topped with a bit of a baby ruth candy bar.
For that extra touch you can even garnish them with a few roasted peanuts.
These Baby Ruth Cupcakes are a delicious dessert, the perfect way to use up some leftover Halloween candy.
Or the perfect way to enjoy your favorite candy all year long in a delectable dessert.
You tell me.
Other Cupcake Recipes You Might Also Enjoy:
- BOOZY CHOCOLATE COFFEE CUPCAKES WITH OREO COOKIE BUTTERCREAM
- SALTED MARGARITA CUPCAKES WITH TEQUILA LIME BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- DARK CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH RED WINE BUTTERCREAM
- CRANBERRY EGGNOG CUPCAKES WITH SPICED WHITE CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- APPLE BUTTER CUPCAKES WITH CINNAMON APPLE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
If you’ve tried these BABY RUTH CUPCAKES, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Baby Ruth Cupcakes
- Chocolate or Yellow cake mix of your preference I always use a butter cake batter
- water butter, eggs, and/or oil according to the package directions
- Bag of Fun Size Baby Ruth Candies
- Vanilla or Almond Buttercream Frosting
- caramel syrup
- roasted peanuts optional
- Preheat the oven to the 350. Line your cupcake pan(s) with 24 cupcake liners.
- Combine your cake mix with eggs, butter (or oil), and water and beat together.
- Place 2 tablespoons of cake batter into the cupcake liners.
- Place half a Fun Size Baby Ruth candy into each cupcake.
- Cover the candy with about a tablespoon of cake batter.
- Cook for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cupcake.
- While the cupcakes bake prepare your frosting, if making from scratch.
- Frost the cupcakes once they are cool.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the frosting and top with ½ of a Fun Size Baby Ruth candy.
Leave a Comment