Skip the heavy chocolate desserts for a light, refreshing lemon cheesecake mousse. This bright citrus treat is the perfect ending to any warm weather meal!
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
I have a deep dark confession to make.
Sometimes, especially in the heat, I could take or leave chocolate.
In fact, when it’s really hot I prefer bright, refreshing flavors. And what is more refreshing than lemon and berries?
Nothing I can think of!
And I think you’ll agree that this light, whipped lemon dessert is the perfect way to end any summer day!
You only need a few easy to find ingredients to make this refreshing whipped dessert including:
- JELLO– Go for lemon of course!
- Boiling water– To dissolve the JELLO.
- Cream cheese– Let it soften to room temperature prior to making this.
- Cold water
- Whipped Topping– Cool Whip or something similar.
- Garnishes– All of these are optional but I love topping this lemon dessert with berries, whipped cream and mint leaves for a truly special experience.
How to Make
Making this is almost effortless!
To do it add the JELLO powder to a medium mixing bowl. Then, pour in the boiling water and whisk until the JELLO completely dissolves.
Add the JELLO water, cream cheese, and cold water to a blender and blend it until the mixture’s completely smooth.
Next, pour the mixture back into the mixing bowl and fold in the Cool Whip until completely incorporated.
Pour the mixture evenly out into ramekins and chill them in the refrigerator until firm.
Serve the chilled mousse topped with fresh berries, whipped cream, and mint leaves for garnish. Enjoy!
If you make these ahead of time or have leftovers, cover them lightly with plastic wrap so that the plastic wrap sits on top of the mousse to prevent a skin from forming.
Then cover tightly with foil.
The mousse should last 3 days if refrigerated.
Can I Freeze Jello Mousse?
Again, cover them tightly which will prevent freezer burn.
I don’t recommend freezing them for actual storage purposes, although you can. Instead, I enjoy freezing them because it changes the consistency.
Frozen lemon cheesecake mousse becomes a light, airy ice cream treat with a creamy consistency that melts in your mouth by the spoonful.
It’s absolutely dreamy, and another delicious way to enjoy this Summery dessert.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure you whisk the JELLO until it is completely dissolved. This will prevent any granules in your finished mousse, and also is key to achieving the proper consistency after refrigeration.
- Let the cream cheese come to room temperature prior to making this so it is easier to whip.
- While a garnish isn’t necessary, it does add a little extra specialness to this dessert.
Other Lemon Desserts You’ll Love
This easy lemon cheesecake mousse will be the dessert you want to make on repeat all summer! Make some to end your next summer gathering and enjoy! Looking for other lemon flavored desserts to enjoy? Try these:
- Lemon Pie Pops
- Copy Cat Chick-Fil-A’s Frosted Lemonade
- Lemon Cupcakes
- Pink Lemonade Fudge
- Glazed Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Cake
If you’ve tried this LEMON CHEESECAKE MOUSSE or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Lemon Cheesecake Mousse
- 1 3 oz pkg lemon jello NOT pudding
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup cool whip
- fresh berries for garnish
- whipped cream for garnish
- mint leaves for garnish
- To a medium mixing bowl, add the jello powder. Pour in the boiling water, and whisk until the jello's completely dissolved.
- To a blender add the jello water, cream cheese, and cold water. Blend for 60 seconds, or until the mixture's completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture back into the mixing bowl, and using a spatula fold in the cool whip until completely incorporated.
- Pour the mixture evenly out into 4-6 ramekins (depending on size), and chill them in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until set/firm.
- Serve the chilled mousse topped with fresh berries, whipped cream, and mint leaves for garnish.
recipe adapted from Simply Stacie
Welcome to this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. You’re going to be in for a treat this year because we have 28 blogs/bloggers creating summer themed dessert recipes all week! We’re sharing them with the hashtag #SummerDessertWeek on social media and you’ll find some of the links in this post as well. Plus, we also have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away 1 (one) 4.2 Quart (4 Liter) Electric Air Fryer
Prize #2 — Circulon is giving away a TOTAL BAKEWARE 6-Piece Nonstick Bakeware Set – Two 9-Inch Round Cake Pans, 9-Inch Square Cake Pan, 9-Inch x 5-Inch Loaf Pan, 9-Inch x 13-Inch Rectangular Cake Pan, 10-Inch x 15-Inch Cookie Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 26th until July 31st at 11:59PMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 2 (two) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 2 (two) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals and Circulon. These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad from Big Bear’s Wife
Copycat Orange Julius from Semi Homemade Recipes
No Bake Raspberry Cheesecake from Eat Move Make
Birthday Crumb Cake from It’s Shanaka
Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake from Fake Ginger
Blueberry Muffin Cake from Blogghetti
Lemon Cheesecake Mousse from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
No Churn Mint Chocolate Ice Cream from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Strawberry Unicorn Puppy Chow from For the Love of Food
Brown Sugar Layer Cake with Peach Filling from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Smore’s Ice Cream Torte from Family Around the Table
Strawberry Basil Cupcakes from Sweet Beginnings
Oreo Ice Cream Cake from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Donut Bread Pudding from Savory Experiments
Flourless Chocolate Cake from Devour Dinner
Rhubarb Crumble from Shockingly Delicious
Japanese Strawberry Shortcake from SugarYums
Raspberry Cream Pie from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Instant Pot Twix Cheesecake from Baking up Memories
Lavender Honey Cake from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Dip from Sweet ReciPEAs
No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake from Comfortably Domestic
Peach Berry Eton Mess from Cookaholic Wife