Look no further than these Rolo chocolate chip blondies as the ultimate use for using your kid’s Halloween leftovers and turning them into the best dessert bars ever. Loaded with gooey caramel and tons of chocolate, these cookie bars will satisfy the biggest sweet tooth and keep both you and the kids happy.
Halloween is all about costumes and candy.
Kids spend all night dressed-up going door to door, parents sneak chocolate from their children’s bags, single adults snack on the treats they’re supposed to give to the kids and the entire cycle continues until it’s all gone or we’re all just too sick.
Or so I’ve been told…
Not that you need another reason to steal the kids’ candy, but if you steal the kids’ candy and make them these caramel and chocolate stuffed blondies you can tell them you are doing THEM a favor.
You’re going to make these cookies for THEM. Not you.
They don’t need to know the truth.
To make these ooey gooey Rolo chocolate chip blondies you need:
- melted butter
- an egg
- brown sugar
- chocolate chips
How to Make
Making this sinfully good treat is so easy!
One bowl and the quickest prep and you are ready to dig into the best ever batch of blondies.
To start, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
While the oven preheats, line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. Let the paper overhang a bit on the sides. Then set it aside.
Now, whisk together the melted butter, egg, sugar and vanilla extra in a large bowl.
Mix flour and salt into the wet ingredients until everything is just combined.
Once you have made the blondie batter, fold in the chocolate chips.
Scoop half the batter into the prepared baking dish and cover the layer of batter with Rolos.
Spread the remaining batter out over top of the Rolo layer and make sure it is evenly distributed.
Bake the blondies at 350 for 20 minutes.
When they are done, transfer them to a wire cooling rack with the parchment paper. Let them cool for an hour before cutting and serving.
Cut the blondies into squares and store them in an air tight container on your counter for 3 days or in your fridge for a week.
Tips and tricks
- Don’t over mix the batter or it will toughen. You want to mix everything until it is just combined.
- The parchment paper is a must for easy removal.
- Letting the blondies cool will allow them to firm up so they are easier to cut.
- You can feel free to substitute any chocolate candy you have for the layer of Rolos. A layer of Snickers bar pieces or Reeses would be amazing in these.
Other Dessert Bars You Might Enjoy
These Rolo chocolate chip blondies are a dessert so good your kids won’t mind if you steal some of their Halloween haul. Make them today!
Looking for other dessert bar recipes? Try these:
If you’ve tried these ROLO CHOCOLATE CHIP BLONDIES, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Rolo Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1/2 cup 1 stick melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 36 Rolos
- Preheat oven to 350° and lay parchment paper in a 8 x 8 baking dish, leaving a little overhang on the sides, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, egg, sugar, and vanilla extract. Add flour and salt and mix until combined. Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking dish and lay Rolos over top of it. Cover with the rest of the batter and spread batter into an even layer.
- Bake for about 20 minutes and transfer onto a wire cooling rack with the overhanging parchment paper. Let cool at least an hour before serving.