No Bake, Hot Fudge Brownie Cheesecake is a little bit of heaven in every slice. A thick and chewy brownie crust is topped with rich, creamy chocolate cheesecake studded with milk chocolate chips. No baking is required, and once it’s set it’s topped with an indulgent layer of hot fudge for a dessert so decadently dreamy that eating it outta be a sin!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
When I turned the big 3-0, everyone made a valiant effort to shower me with things to make me feel extra special- including cake.
One problem: I’m not the biggest fan of cake.
I know, I know.
While I may not go crazy for cake, I do love me some cheesecake.
I mean full flung love affair, and while a regular NY style, cherry topped is my traditional favorite– the more ‘out of the box’ the better.
Especially when it’s covered in chocolate, chocolate, chocolate… oh and more chocolate.
This fudge-y chocolate brownie crust is adorned with the creamiest of chocolate cheesecakes with milk chocolate chips stirred right in before finally being topped with a thick, rich layer of luscious hot fudge sauce.
It’s any chocolate lover’s dream come true, in sweet fudge brownie cheesecake form.
And this is what I requested for my big dirty thirty. Because there’s no better way to have a big celebration than with layers upon layers of creamy cheesecake, chocolate and brownies.
To make this sinfully decadent dessert you need:
- Brownie mix– You have some options here. Either use your favorite box brownie mix and bake it according to the box instructions with the ingredients listed on the box, or use store bought brownies.
- Chocolate chips– I use a mix of 60% dark chocolate chips and semisweet chips.
- Cream cheese– Full fat cream cheese that you let soften on your counter before using it.
- Sugar– Granulated sugar works best.
- Butter– Again let it soften prior to use
- Whipped topping– Go for Cool Whip or an equivalent that you can find in the frozen section of the grocery store. Let it thaw prior to use.
- Hot fudge– Either make your own or use favorite store bought brand.
How to Make
To make this chocolate no bake cheesecake, start by making your brownie layer.
You have a couple options: either go for a truly no bake option and use store bought brownies that you cut into a circle so you can place them in the bottom of an 8″ springform pan.
Or, you could do what I do and just prepare box brownie mix according to the directions on the package and then pour them in a lightly sprayed 8″ springform pan. Then bake the brownies according to package directions.
When the brownies have completely cooled, prepare the cheesecake filling.
To do this, add chocolate chips to a small microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave for 1-minute.
After a minute, stir the chocolate and then heat in 30 second intervals.
Stir in between each until chocolate is completely smooth and melted.
Set aside to cool.
Then, beat together the cream cheese, sugar and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer until smooth and creamy.
While the mixer continues to run, slowly pour in the cooled melted chocolate chips.
Then, use a firm spatula to gently fold in the Cool Whip until the mixture is smooth.
Gently stir in the chocolate chips until they’re just spread throughout the batter. Spread the cheesecake batter out on top of the cooled brownies.
Refrigerate the cheesecake until set.
Before serving spread a layer of hot fudge out over the top of the chilled cheesecake.
Serve and enjoy!
Making Chocolate Whipped Cream
You don’t have to add this garnish to your cheesecake, and it will still be utterly delicious. However, when I have the time I like to add simple swirls of chocolate whipped cream around the outer edges as decadent finishing touch.
It pairs perfectly with the chocolate sauce, creamy cheesecake, and fudge brownies & also makes for a stunning presentation.
And while it may look gourmet, it’s only takes three simple ingredients and a matter of minutes to whip up.
To the bowl of a stand mixer add 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar, and 2-3 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
Fit your mixer with the whisk attachment and mix on high speed until evenly combined and stiff peaks form.
Using a spatula transfer the mixture to a piping bag fitted with a swirl attachment. Pipe on in the desired size, continuing all around the outer edge of the top of the fudge brownie cheesecake.
Sprinkle with chocolate jimmies, another optional step, and your cheesecake has now become a chocolate lover’s dream come true!
Wait, you said this was no bake… why do I have to bake brownies?
When I called this no bake, I was referring to the cheesecake itself.
Cheesecake is notoriously finicky in the baking process and tends to crack or sink if not done just so.
With a no bake cheesecake layer like this, you don’t have to worry about that.
That said, if you want to make this a truly ‘no bake’ recipe then you can always buy store bought brownies and cut the crust out in a circle. Use the bottom of the springform pan as a guide for accuracy.
Once cut, transfer the brownie crust to the springform pan- and then follow the rest of the instructions as written.
How To Cut A Cheesecake For The Perfect Slice
There’s nothing worse than when you’ve taken the time to make a beautiful dessert, and somebody comes along and instead of cutting a pretty slice- they hack it up.
Don’t ruin your gorgeous cheesecake, instead use one of these two tricks to get the perfect slice each and every time!
Use A Hot Knife
This is the way my Grandma and Mom have always done it, using a sharp kitchen knife. You’ll need a tall glass (glass, not plastic, so that it maintains the heat) cup filled with hot water.
Dip the knife into the hot water, holding it there for 2-3 seconds. Remove the knife and quickly wipe it try with a clean dish towel.
Moving quickly, so that the knife stays hot, make your first cut. Remove the knife, and wipe it off on a paper towel to clean it completely. Dip it back into the hot water, repeating the process until you’ve cut your desired number of sliced.
The hot knife trick will yield perfect, clean cuts every time as long as you’re sure to clean the knife in between cuts before heating it up again.
Use Dental Floss
While the idea may seem like an odd choice at first, it’s actually pretty genius. One of the sons learned this method in culinary school, and showed it to me.
Using (unflavored!) dental floss will give you fool proof slices quickly. This is my preferred method if I’m taking a cheesecake to a party or potluck and want to precut the slices, but keep the dessert together.
Pull a long strand of floss tight between a finger on each hand. I like to wrap it around each finger just to ensure I’ve got a good hold on it. Visually line it up with where you want to slice, and holding it taught press both sides down together all the way through the cheesecake.
Simply pull it out gently by one end. The floss will come out clean, and repeat until all your cuts have been made.
Choose whichever method feels most comfortable to you. Either one will yield beautiful slices that highlight the layers of your dessert.
Store any leftovers of this cheesecake covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Tips and Tricks
- Be very careful when melting the chocolate. If you don’t do it increments, you may burn the chocolate.
- Try not to overfold in the Cool Whip or the chocolate chips. You want maximum lightness and too much mixing will deflate the mixture a bit.
- Make sure you let the butter and cream cheese soften on the counter prior to beating them together. This will ensure they are the right consistency for mixing.
Other Cheesecake Recipes You’ll Love
Hot Fudge Brownie Cheesecake is a chocolate cheesecake lover’s dream come true! Make it for your next special occasion and enjoy!
Looking for other cheesecake recipes? Try these:
If you’ve tried this FUDGE BROWNIE CHEESECAKE, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
No Bake Fudge Brownie Cheesecake
- 1 boxed brownie mix
- 1 1/2 cups 60% cocoa chocolate chips
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 cups frozen cool whip thawed
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips full-sized or miniature
- hot fudge sauce your favorite store bought or homemade
- Spray an 8" springform pan lightly with cooking spray. Prepare the brownies according to the package directions. Instead of using a brownie pan, pour them into the prepared cheesecake pan and (again) bake them according to the package directions.
- When the brownies have completely cooled, prepare the cheesecake filling. In a small bow add chocolate chips and heat in microwave for 1-minute. Stir, and then heat in 30 second intervals stirring in between until chocolate is completely smooth and melted. Or melt them using a double boiler. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sugar and butter until smooth and creamy. While the mixer continues to run, slowly pour in the cooled melted chocolate chips, continuing to slowly stir until they're evenly incorporated. Use a firm spatula to gently fold in the cool whip until the mixture's smooth.
- Use a spatula to gently stir in the chocolate chips until they're just spread throughout the batter. Spread the cheesecake batter out on top of the cooled brownies.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator until set, or about an hour.
- Before serving spread a layer of hot fudge out over the top of the chilled cheesecake.
originally published April 20, 2016
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details. As always, all opinions are my own.
Leave a Comment