As seen on TikTok, these viral air fryer lasagna pasta chips are simply amazing! Golden brown and crispy, these dippable snacks live up to all the internet hype and will quickly become your family’s new favorite nosh!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
TikTok strikes again!
I never thought I’d be so happy that the older sons introduced me to the app, but our lives have taken a seriously delicious turn for the better since they did.
- TikTok Ranch Pickles
- Tortilla Hack Recipe TikTok Folded Quesadillas
- One Dish Baked Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese
And the latest TikTok trend is a serious hit!
Our family is absolutely in love with these chips. And for good reason!
These pasta chips are super tasty and go great with a variety of dipping sauces and flavors, so really you can have a different tasting snack every day.
But if you run out of sauce ideas, don’t worry!
You can easily change the flavor of these chips by using a different set of spices.
They can go from Italian to Mexican to Asian inspired flavors with some simple tweaks.
- Lasagna noodles – If you like, you can spice these up a bit and use other flat, wide pasta shapes. Farfalle is a family favorite! You could also use colored pasta for added presentation at parties or get togethers.
- Extra virgin olive oil – If you only have canola oil, you could use that instead.
- Parmesan cheese – This helps give them some added crunch and salty flavor.
- Seasonings – Dried oregano, dried basil, garlic salt, and onion powder.
How to make
To start, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Once boiling, add in the broken lasagna pieces and stir to prevent them from sticking together.
Allow the pasta to cook for about 4 to 5 minutes and then drain and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients and gently toss until everything’s evenly coated.
As you do this, try to keep the seasonings from sticking together so that each piece gets some of the flavor.
When the noodles are ready, lightly spray the basket of your air fryer with non stick cooking spray and then add half the seasoned pasta to the basket.
Set the temperature to 390° and let the pasta cook for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, use a pair of tongs to gently stir the pasta around.
Return the basket to the unit and cook at the same temperature for another 3 to 5 minutes or until the pasta chips are golden brown and slightly crunchy.
For best results, check it at both the 4 & 5 minute mark to see if they are done. This can help prevent burning.
Dump the first batch of lasagna to waiting plate and then repeat the process with the remaining pasta.
No air fryer, no worries!
If you don’t have an air fryer, no worries! You can easily bake these in the oven.
(But I will say, if you don’t have one, you should definitely pick one up. They are worth every penny!)
To bake them, boil them for an extra minute and then spread them out in a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Bake them at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chips are slightly crunchy and golden brown.
You don’t want them too hard, so be careful not to over-bake them.
I suggest checking them around 20 minutes to make sure they don’t burn.
Serving and storing
These Italian styled “chips” go great with a side of marinara sauce or Alfredo.
You could also use pesto sauce, an Alfredo and pesto blend, a cheese sauce, or really just about any one of your favorite dips.
They make a great snack that you can serve just about any time of year, but they will make a great appetizer at your next barbecue.
To store, allow them to cool completely.
Once they are cool, place them in an airtight container or bag.
You can store them for up to a week on the counter or in the pantry.
Tips and tricks
- These lasagna chips are arguably an Italian flavor, but there is no reason you can’t shake things up a bit. You can substitute Mexican or Southwestern seasonings, some Asian spices, or use your favorite BBQ rub. Really just about any spice combination you like can change the flavor and make these tasty chips your own!
- Dips can make these chips even better! We have tried everything from marinara sauce, Alfredo sauce, pesto, basil garlic aioli, hummus, sour cream and onion dip, and tzatziki sauce. And that is just a few of the different dips we’ve tried! So have fun and experiment.
- Don’t forget to boil the noodles first. If you don’t they will just burn in the air fryer.
- Towards the end of frying them, make sure to check them more frequently to prevent burning.
- Have fun with shapes and colors. You can use other flat pastas or even try colorful pasta options.
Other air fryer favorites
Air fryer lasagna pasta chips are a hit with my family and friends!
I can guarantee you’re family will love these too, especially when you combine them with your favorite sauces.
If you want even more air fryer snack options, you should check out these other recipe ideas:
If you’ve tried these AIR FRYER LASAGNA PASTA CHIPS, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Air Fryer Lasagna Pasta Chips
- 8 oz lasagna noodles broken into pieces
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add in the broken lasagna pieces. Stir to prevent them from sticking together.
- Let the pasta cook for 4-5 minutes. Then drain the pasta, and transfer it to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and gently toss until everything's evenly coated. Some pieces of pasta may be more seasoned than others. Try to keep any clumps from sticking together to prevent any noodles from being left plain.
- Lightly spray the basket of your air fryer with non stick cooking spray. Add half the seasoned pasta to the basket. Set the temperature to 390° and let the pasta cook for 5 minutes.
- Using a pair of tongs, gently stir the pasta around. Return the basket to the unit and cook at the same temperature for another 3-5 minutes, or until the pasta chips are golden brown and slightly crunchy. Check it at both the 4 & 5 minute mark for doneness to prevent burning.
- Empty the chips out onto a waiting plate or serving tray. Repeat the process with the remaining pasta.
- Serve the hot chips while still warm with a side of cool marinara or warm alfredo sauce for dipping.
recipe adapted from ChinDeep
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details. As always, all opinions are my own.
Leave a Comment