Air fryer taco seasoned oyster crackers are perfect for snacking on or serving to your guests. You can keep a bowl of these crunchy, somewhat sweet and somewhat spicy crackers around for whenever you need a quick snack or when you want to serve your guests some casual snack options.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Do you ever have a snack itch that a basic cracker or chip just won’t satisfy?
Maybe you want something a bit more interesting tasting, something that has a combination of flavors that isn’t just salty.
This happens to me all the time! And these little morsels are the perfect nosh for those moments.
I’m not going to lie.
I can eat an entire bag of these delicious snacks once I’ve air fried them with taco seasoning.
And for good reason!
They are crunchy.
They have a bit of sweetness and spiciness.
In other words, they are the answer to just about any snack time craving.
To make this snack you’ll need:
- Oyster crackers – Don’t substitute another cracker here.
- Olive oil– You need a little oil to coat the crackers.
- Seasonings– Taco seasoning, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, parsley and black pepper
- Sugar– Go for brown sugar for the best flavor.
How to make
Taco seasoned oyster crackers are really easy to make in the air fryer.
Here’s what you’ll need to do.
First, place the oyster crackers in a large bowl.
Pour the olive oil over the crackers and gently toss them to coat the crackers.
In a separate small bowl, mix the taco seasoning, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, parsley, black pepper, and brown sugar until they are well blended.
When they are blended, sprinkle the taco seasoning mixture over the crackers and gently toss to coat them.
Finally, place the coated crackers in the basket of the air fryer.
Set the air fryer to 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
Make sure the crackers form a single layer.
About half way through, toss the crackers to ensure even cooking.
Before serving, allow them to cool on parchment paper.
Serve, and Enjoy!
Tips and tricks.
- Make sure all the crackers are coated in olive oil and the seasoning are all mixed well before tossing them together. This helps ensure that every piece is evenly coated.
- When they are cooking, make sure you gently toss the crackers about half way through to ensure even cooking.
- If needed, cook the crackers in batches so that they are not piled on top of each other.
Other air fryer recipes you’ll enjoy
Its safe to say, these sweet and spicy oyster crackers are a family favorite and our guests rave about them whenever they visit.
You should make them for the next time you entertain or when you just want a crunchy, sweet and spicy snack!
Love seasoned crackers?
Check out these other great recipes:
If you’ve tried these AIR FRYER TACO SEASONED OYSTER CRACKERS, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Air Fryer Seasoned Oyster Crackers
- 2 10 oz bags Oyster Crackers
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 envelope Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1/2 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- Place the Oyster crackers in a large bowl, and coat with the Olive Oil.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the Taco Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Cumin, Chili Powder, Parsley, Black Pepper, and Brown Sugar, until well blended, and pour, or sprinkle the Taco seasoning mixture over the Crackers. Toss the crackers in the spices until they're completely coated.
- Place the coated crackers in the Air Fryer, and Air Fry for 8 minutes, at 350 degrees.
- Cool Crackers on Parchment paper. Serve, and Enjoy!
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Leave a Comment