Baked buffalo chicken mac and cheese is the spicy answer to the Tik Tok baked feta pasta taking the internet by storm. This one pot pasta will make you wonder why you ever bothered with those boxed versions since it’s super easy and packed full of the zippy flavors of wings and the creaminess of the classic dish.
By now, chances are really good that you’ve seen the recipe taking the internet by storm.
Of course, I’m talking about the Tik Tok baked feta pasta.
You know, the one where you add pasta, feta, tomatoes and liquid to a casserole dish and toss the the whole thing in the oven?
This is that. In buffalo mac and cheese form of course.
Obviously, at first glance, it’s totally different, but stick with me on this for a minute.
The prep is exactly the same.
Add all the ingredients to a baking dish, pop it in the oven, mix together after baking and bam!
Here’s what you’ll need for this:
- Block of Boursin Cheese – Garlic and herb works well but you can use whatever flavor you prefer.
- Cream Cheese – Go for regular cream cheese over reduced fat for the best flavor and creaminess.
- Penne Pasta – You can use a similarly shaped pasta if that’s what you’ve got on hand.
- Shredded cheese – Both cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese that you either shred yourself or get from a bag.
- Milk – Go for regular whole milk, but 2% would work well too. Skip low fat milk here.
- Garlic – You can mince it or crush it.
- Wing Sauce – Use your favorite spice level and your favorite brand.
- Pepper – Add this to taste, but be careful! It can make the mac and cheese very hot!
- Shredded Chicken – You can use leftover chicken or a rotisserie.
How to make
Start by placing the cheese blocks in the center of a 9 x 13 inch greased baking dish.
Next, pour pasta around the blocks of cheese.
Once the pasta is added, add in the shredded cheese, milk, garlic, and salt.
Mix around the blocks of cheese until the other ingredients are combined.
Next, pour the wing sauce all over the top of your casserole dish and add in the pepper.
Finally, bake at 350 for 45 minutes uncovered and then cover your baking dish in foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
Once it has finished baking, stir in the shredded chicken until well combined. Serve hot and enjoy!
Serving and storing
It is best to serve this mac and cheese hot from the oven.
Though you may love adding Ranch or blue cheese dressing, you really won’t need to.
The cheese and noodles help to cool down the heat from the wing sauce.
To store, you can cover the cooled pan with plastic cling wrap or aluminum foil and place in the fridge for about 3 to 5 days.
You could also place in individual serving dishes and place in the fridge as a quick lunch option for the family.
To reheat, you can either microwave for about 2 to 3 minutes in individual bowls or plates.
One You could also cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven set to 350 degrees for about 20 to 30 minutes or until warmed through.
Tips and tricks
Follow these tips and tricks for the best results:
- Use your favorite wing sauce and heat level.
- Skip the garlic and pepper for a slightly less spicy option.
- If you don’t have chicken leftovers ready to go, you can use a rotisserie chicken instead. Chicken is easiest to shred when it is slightly warmed, so you may want to heat in the microwave for a few seconds to minutes to make shredding easier.
Other easy one pot recipes
Baked buffalo chicken mac and cheese is the spicy spin on the Tik Tok pasta you need on your table tonight!
Make it and enjoy tonight!
If you love easy to make dinners, check out these other great one pot recipe ideas:
- One Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- Crockpot Lasagna
- One Pot Cheeseburger Casserole
- Instant Pot Meatloaf & Mashed Potatoes
- One Pot Pizza Pasta
If you’ve tried this BAKED BUFFALO CHICKEN MAC AND CHEESE, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Baked Buffalo Chicken Mac And Cheese
- 5.2 oz. Block of Boursin Cheese I used garlic and herb.
- 8 oz. of Cream Cheese
- 1 lb. of Penne Pasta
- 1 and ½ cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 and ½ cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 6 cups of Milk
- 2 tablespoons of Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon of Salt
- ¾ cup Wing Sauce I used Mild
- Pepper to Taste
- 2 cups of Shredded Chicken
- Start by placing your cheese blocks in the center of a 9 x 13 inch greased baking dish.
- Pour pasta around the blocks of cheese.
- Add in your shredded cheese, milk, garlic, and salt.
- Mix around the blocks of cheese to combine other ingredients.
- Pour wing sauce all over the top of your casserole dish.
- Add in pepper.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes uncovered. Then cover your baking dish in foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Add in 2 cups of shredded chicken.
- Mix well.
- Serve and ENJOY!