Banana fluff pudding salad is an easy alternative to banana cream pie or pudding. This cool, creamy dessert is the perfect way to end your next picnic or barbecue.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
I love the flavor of banana pudding and so do my boys.
But, I’m not a huge fan of baking banana cream pies or having plain old boring pudding.
Well, let me tell you something: this dessert is anything but boring!
With a fluffy mix of whipped topping and pudding and sliced bananas, crushed cookies, and mini-marshmallows mixed in, this is one salad your kids will not turn down!
- Instant banana cream pudding mix – Make sure to grab the instant, not easy cook varieties. This is no cook recipe, so you definitely don’t want one you need to heat up!
- Milk – Use very cold whole milk for this. 2% could also work.
- Mini vanilla wafers– Lightly crush the cookies. You could use animal crackers, Chessman cookies, or shortbread cookies if you don’t have vanilla wafers.
- Cool Whip – You can use a store brand, just make sure you thaw it first.
- Mini marshmallows – If you are in a real pinch, you can quarter larger marshmallows, it just adds unnecessary work to this easy recipe.
- Bananas – Peel and slice them.
How to make
Serving and storing
This easy to make pudding salad comes together very quickly, which is good because you really should serve it as soon as it is ready.
If you wait too long, the bananas turn brown and the cookies start to get soggy.
If find you have at most a day before the salad will start to turn brown and soggy.
So I highly recommend making it when you are ready to serve it.
Otherwise, wrap it up tight and place in the fridge overnight.
While this is a dessert we often enjoy served in bowls at the kitchen table after supper, it’s easily turned into a convenient grab and go option!
This is 100% why I like using the mini vanilla wafers in this recipe.
Save the bags or cups they came out of, depending which you use- and simply scoop the pudding back into them when done.
Stick a plastic spoon into it, and boom! a portable, dessert on the go the whole family will love.
We call them walking desserts. Same concept as a walking taco, but with sweet stuff instead of savory.
Tips and tricks
- Make it fresh when you are ready to eat or serve it. The bananas will start to turn brown and mushy and cookies will get soggy if you store it for longer than about a day.
- To break up the cookies, I recommend using about 2 to 3 light whacks with the flat side of a meat mallet to each bag works nicely. If you don’t have a meat mallet, you can use another flat, hard surface to break them up.
- Don’t have vanilla wafers handy? Mini Chessmen cookies, animal crackers, or even shortbread cookies will all work great.
Other easy pudding recipe ideas
Banana fluff pudding salad makes the perfect end to any barbecue or potluck.
It will be a hit anytime you whip it up!
If you love pudding dishes, check out some of my other favorites below:
Other Fluff Salads Ideas To Try
Love a good fluff salad, but interested in trying another flavor?
Give one of these classic versions a try:
If you’ve tried this BANANA FLUFF PUDDING SALAD, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Banana Pudding Fluff Salad
- 1 5.1 oz pkg instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 5 1 oz pkgs mini vanilla wafers lightly crushed
- 1 8 oz tub cool whip topping thawed
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 medium bananas peeled & sliced
- Add the pudding mix & cold milk to a medium sized mixing bowl. Whisk together until evenly combined.
- Let the pudding sit for 2-3 minutes, just until thickened.
- Add the cool whip to the bowl, and use a spatula to fold in until evenly combined.
- Add the marshmallows, cookies, and sliced bananas to the bowl and gently stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
recipe adapted from Crazy For Crust
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details. As always, all opinions are my own.