Creamy slow cooker potatoes with ranch seasoning are an addicting side dish you’ll want to make over and over again. This crock pot potato recipe features tender pieces of perfectly cooked red potatoes in an indulgent ranch sauce you’ll love!
We get tired of the same old side dishes over and over.
But, these creamy ranch potatoes made right in the slow cooker is one you’d have to try to get tired of!
Potatoes and ranch! How could you not love it?
What You Need
To make this dish you only need a handful of ingredients.
You’ll need red potatoes, cream of potato soup, cream of celery soup, sour cream, a packet of ranch dressing mix, half and half and salt and pepper.
Don’t stress if you don’t have the exact cream of soup cans you need to make this.
Almost any cream of soup will work in this recipe.
Cream of mushroom & cream of broccoli are two of our favorite alternates to use.
How to Make
To make this, start by spraying the bowl of the slow cooker with nonstick spray.
Then wash your potatoes well and cut them into equal sized pieces.
Once they are washed and cut, add them to the bowl of the slow cooker.
In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the condensed soups, sour cream, dressing packet and half and half until everything is well combined.
Taste the sauce and season it with salt and pepper.
Then pour the sauce over the potatoes and give them a stir to get them evenly coated.
Cover and cook the potatoes on low for 5-6 hours, making sure to stir every 2 hours so they potatoes cook evenly.
Tips and Tricks
- Don’t skip stirring because you want them to cook evenly in the sauce. Stirring also prevents burning.
- Stir briefly and efficiently so too much heat doesn’t escape as this will prolong cooking time.
- For really easy clean up, use a slow cooker liner. They also help prevent the sauce from burning and sticking to the sides.
- Bigger potato chunks will take longer to cook while smaller will cook quicker. Try to keep the potatoes to 1″ chunks.
- Peeling or leaving peel on is totally up to your preference. I leave the peel on mine.
- The recipe is written with red potatoes but it’s also delicious with both russets and yukon gold.
- You can get creative with your cream of soups- just keep the amounts the same. If you have homemade cream of soup, you could use that. Check out my recipe for homemade condensed chicken soup here.
Storing and Reheating
These potatoes will save for 3-4 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
To reheat them put the potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave until warm.
Main Dishes that You’ll Love with Slow Cooker Potatoes
These slow cooker potatoes with creamy ranch pair so well with any number of main dishes. My family loves them with:
- Pork Schnitzel
- Onion Crusted Herbed Chicken Breasts
- Beer Battered Fish
- Crockpot Chicken & Stuffing
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
Make these yummy ranch potatoes today and see why your family will want them on the table every week!
If you’ve tried these SLOW COOKER POTATOES WITH RANCH, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Potatoes
- 3 1/2-4 lbs red potatoes washed & quartered
- 1 can cream of potato soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 packet ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 2-3 tbsp half and half
- salt & pepper to taste
- Lightly spray the bowl of your slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Add the prepared potatoes to the bowl of the slow cooker.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the condensed soups, sour cream, dressing mix, and half & half. Whisk until combined.
- Taste the sauce, and add salt & pepper- to your desired taste.
- Pour the sauce evenly out over the potatoes, and then stir them together until coated evenly.
- Cover and cook the potatoes on low heat for 5-6 hours, stirring briefly every 2 hours or so, until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve warm & enjoy!