No churn eggnog ice cream is a delicious frozen treat that features the best flavor of the season. Full of real eggnog, warming spices, and a shot of liquor, this ice cream is a must make this holiday season.
Let’s end the discussion and agree that eggnog is the best drink of the holiday season.
Champagne cocktails are fine, but nothing says yuletide cheer like a frothy glass of nog.
And not only do the boys and I love a good cup of eggnog (nonalcoholic for them of course!), but I love it in all my sweets.
Like ice cream of course.
Just because it’s December doesn’t mean I don’t crave the hot weather favorite.
It’s 85 somewhere right?
And even if that somewhere is not by you, the cozy flavors of this frozen treat make it perfect to enjoy any December day.
To make this you’ll need:
- Heavy cream– Don’t substitute this for something else and make sure it’s nice and cold.
- Sweetened condensed milk– Again, don’t substitute and chill it before you use it.
- Eggnog– Full fat eggnog.
- Spices– Ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- Liquor– Bourbon or whiskey. Strictly speaking this is optional but if you are going for an adults only treat, I highly recommend it.
How to Make
Like other no churn ice creams, this eggnog version is super easy to make.
To do it, whip the heavy cream with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
Fold in the sweetened condensed milk.
Once the sweetened condensed milk and whipped cream are combined, fold in the eggnog and spices.
Then taste the mixture and stir in your desired amount and kind alcohol if you are using it.
Pour the ice cream base into a 5″ x 9″ metal loaf pan.
Cover it and freeze the mixture for 6 hours or until it is solid.
Once it is frozen and you’re ready to serve, let it sit for 5 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Store leftover ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer. The ice cream should stay good for 2 to 3 weeks.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure you are using full fat eggnog. Lower fat eggnog will change the consistency of the ice cream.
- Don’t use more than 2 tablespoons of alcohol. It will change the temperature the ice cream freezes at if you use too much.
- Adjust the spices to suit your taste.
Other Eggnog Recipes
This no churn eggnog ice cream is cool way to enjoy the festive drink. Make this for your next dessert and enjoy!
Looking for other eggnog inspired recipes? Try these:
- Super Soft Eggnog Cookies
- Eggnog Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Eggnog Fudge
- Eggnog Dip
- Eggnog Pound Cake
- Eggnog Monkey Bread
- Cranberry Sauce Topped Eggnog Cheesecake
If you’ve tried this NO CHURN EGGNOG ICE CREAM, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
No Churn Eggnog Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups full fat eggnog
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp bourbon or whiskey optional
- Add the heavy cream to a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, whip the cream until thickened & stiff peaks have formed.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into the whipped cream, and stir- just until combined.
- Add the eggnog and spices, and fold them into the mixture until evenly combined.
- Taste the mixture, and add the desired amount of alcohol- stirring to combine.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a 5x9" metal loaf pan, scraping the bowl as needed so it all ends up in the pan.
- Transfer the loaf pan to a freezer, and freeze 6 hours or until solid. You can freeze overnight, if preferred.
- Remove the loaf pan from the freezer and allow it to sit for 5 minutes before scooping and serving.