Eggnog dip is a festive Christmas dessert you can whip up in no time at all! Perfect for making ahead, you’ll love serving this at any holiday celebration.
Is there anything better than eggnog flavored everything during the holiday season?
I can’t think of anything!
Except an easy make ahead Christmas dip that tastes exactly like the drink we love so much.
This dessert dip is perfect for dunking any kind of cookie- including all those Christmas cookies- into and serving at any holiday party.
To make this you’ll need:
- Cream cheese– Use full fat for best flavor and let it soften on the counter first.
- Eggnog– Homemade or store bought.
- Flavorings– Nutmeg and rum extract
- Frozen whipped topping– Cool Whip or the store brand version. Let it thaw before use.
How to Make
This is the perfect no stress dessert dip to make ahead for any holiday party- it’s so easy!
To do it, add the cream cheese, eggnog, nutmeg, and rum extract to a large mixing bowl.
Then, beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until it’s nice and smooth.
Fold in frozen whipped topping.
Cover it and let it chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
Add to serving dish and serve with cookies or fruit.
How to Store
Store in a covered container in the fridge for up to three days.
Can I Make This Dip in Advance?
Yes, you can make it ahead of time. I would recommend preparing the dip up to a day before and storing in the fridge.
You can put out so many different dippers with this eggnog dessert!
Our favorites include:
- Gingersnap cookies
- Vanilla wafers
- Sugar cookies
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Graham crackers
- Pineapple slices
- Pretzel sticks
Substitutions & Variations
You could easily customize this recipe to make it to your tastes.
- Substitute vanilla extract instead of rum extract.
- Use actual dark rum instead of rum extract.
- Sprinkle in a bit of cinnamon for some extra spice.
Other Christmas Dips You’ll Love
Eggnog dip is an easy make ahead dip you’ll love this festive season. Make it for your next party and enjoy!
Looking for other dip recipes? Try these:
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
- Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Dip
- Melting Snowman Dip
- Creamy Cranberry Dip with Candied Pecans
- Italian Cannoli Dip
If you’ve tried this EGGNOG DIP, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese softened
- ½ cup eggnog
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon rum extract
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping thawed (Cool Whip)
- Add cream cheese, eggnog, nutmeg, and rum extract to a large mixing bowl. Beat with a mixer on medium speed until smooth (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Fold in frozen whipped topping. Chill for 1 hour, covered, in the fridge.
- Add to serving dish and serve with cookies or fruit.