Eggnog hot chocolate bombs are a festive holiday treat. These fun stuffed candies are perfect to make cozy cups of hot cocoa or to gift to friends and family.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
There’s nothing better than eggnog flavored everything this time of year!
And that definitely includes eggnog flavored hot cocoa!
Can you think of a cozier way to enjoy the flavors of the season?
I sure can’t!
These giftable hot cocoa bombs give you the ability to make a way to package that cozy flavor up and share it with anyone on your present list.
What is a hot chocolate bomb?
A hot cocoa bomb is the trendy way to make hot chocolate.
They generally feature a chocolate shell stuffed with hot chocolate mix and fixings like mini marshmallows or sprinkles. You drop them into a cup of warm milk and watch them melt or “explode.”
These have half cocoa mix and half eggnog creme drink mix so you get the delightful mix of drink flavors.
To make these you’ll need:
- Candy melts– Go for cocoa candy melts for more of that hot cocoa flavor. Can’t find them? Substitute chocolate chips and stir in a tablespoon of coconut oil to smooth it out.
- Eggnog creme drink mix– If you can’t find this mix, use more hot chocolate mix to replace it and then serve the bomb in warm eggnog instead of warm milk.
- Hot chocolate mix– Either homemade or your favorite brand.
- Marshmallows– Use mini marshmallows.
How to make
To make these hot chocolate bombs, start by melting your chocolate.
In order to do this, add the chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and microwave it in 30 second intervals, making sure to stir in between each time.
Once the chocolate is melted, spoon about a teaspoon of chocolate in your mold and spread it evenly around the entire mold.
Repeat, filling each cavity.
Freeze the chocolate in the mold for 3 minutes to set it.
After 3 minutes, take it out of the freezer and apply a second coat of melted chocolate to each cavity.
Then freeze the molds for 5 minutes or until fully set.
Once the chocolate has set, carefully release the chocolate shell from the mold.
Using either a hot plate that has been microwaved or a pan on low heat, place the open end of the shell to the hot surface to melt any uneven edges.
Once you’ve evened out the edges, freeze the chocolate for another 3 minutes.
While you are giving the chocolate time to harden, prepare the ingredients for the inside of the shells.
Once the chocolate has set, fill one half of the shell with 1 tablespoon of the hot chocolate mix, 1 tablespoon of the eggnog crème, and 5 to 6 mini marshmallows.
Now take an empty shell and line up the edges with the filled half of the shell.
Seal the seam by piping on a line of leftover melted chocolate around the sphere.
Smooth out the chocolate seal with your finger or a spoon for a cleaner look.
Let the chocolate seal to harden and decorate!
Decorate with a chocolate drizzle and sprinkles.
Serve with warmed milk and watch the magic happen.
How to Gift Hot Cocoa Bombs
I like to use large cellophane treat bags and pack the bombs into the bags.
Then, for a really cute gift, I put a bow on the treat bag to seal it and place the bomb into a mug so I’m giving the person a cocoa gift set.
Tips and tricks
- Make sure to melt your chocolate in 30 second increments to avoid burning the chocolate.
- Don’t rush the setting process. You want the chocolate fully set before you seal the two sides of the bomb together.
- Have fun with decorating the cocoa bombs and get creative with your sprinkles. For added visual interest, try adding a wh
- ite chocolate drizzle.
Other Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipes
These eggnog hot cocoa bombs may be the most festive version of hot chocolate bombs you can make. Gift them this holiday season and be sure to save a few for yourself to enjoy!
Looking for other hot cocoa bomb recipes? Try these:
- The Original Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Peppermint White Chocolate Bombs
- RumChata Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Lemon Meringue Hot Chocolate Bombs
If you’ve tried these EGGNOG HOT COCOA BOMBS, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Eggnog Hot Cocoa Bombs
- 24 oz. Cocoa candy melts
- 6 Tbsp. Eggnog Crème drink mix
- 6 Tbsp. Hot chocolate mix
- Mini marshmallows
- Start by melting your chocolate in 30 second intervals, making sure to stir in between each time.
- Once melted, using a spoon, put around a teaspoon of chocolate in your mold.
- Spread evenly around the entire mold.
- Place mold in freezer for 3 minutes.
- Take out of freezer and apply a second coat of melted chocolate to the mold.
- Place in the freezer for 5 minutes or until fully set.
- Carefully release the chocolate shell from the mold.
- Using either a hot plate that has been microwaved or a pan on low heat, place the open end of the shell to the hot surface to melt any uneven edges.
- Once the edges have been evened, place back in the freezer for 3 minutes.
- While you are giving the chocolate time to harden, prepare the ingredients for the inside of the shells.
- Once fully hardened, take one half of the shell and fill it with 1 Tbsp. of the hot chocolate mix and 1 Tbsp. of the eggnog crème.
- Add in 5-6 mini marshmallows.
- Once filled, take an empty shell and line up the edges.
- Using left over melted chocolate, seal the seam by piping on a line of chocolate around the sphere.
- Be sure to smooth out the chocolate seal with your finger or a spoon for a cleaner look.
- Allow the chocolate seal to harden and decorate!
- Decorate with a chocolate drizzle and sprinkles.
- Serve with warmed milk and watch the magic happen.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details. As always, all opinions are my own.