Mayo Parmesan chicken is the most moist and delicious chicken you will ever eat. With only a handful of ingredients and the easiest ever prep, this Parmesan crusted chicken with mayo will become your go to dinner any night of the week!
I have some recipes that I think of as my back pocket recipes.
They are all easy recipes that save me time and time again with their simple ingredients that I almost always have on hand, easy prep and yummy results.
This mayo Parmesan chicken bake is one of those recipes.
It only needs 6 ingredients and is so simple I could put it together in no time at all.
You probably have most of the ingredients on hand to make this simple chicken dinner recipe.
To make it you need:
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts – make sure to trim the chicken of any fat before using
- mayonnaise – brand doesn’t matter, but make sure it is REAL mayo- our favorite is Hellman’s
- shredded Parmesan cheese – not the powdery stuff in the green can, you need real shredded Parmesan cheese for this recipe to turn out properly
- Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
That’s it! Nothing that you don’t regularly keep on hand or buy in your weekly shop.
How to Make
Making this Parmesan crusted chicken with mayo is a snap!
To do it, spray a 9×13″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Then season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place them in the prepared dish.
Set it aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder until evenly combined.
Dollop the mayo mixture onto the chicken.
Then use a spatula to spread the mixture out evenly so it covers chicken completely.
Then bake the chicken in 400° oven for 20-25 minutes.
Remove the baking dish from the oven and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
What to Serve With Mayo Parmesan Chicken
This chicken bake pairs well with so many things!
Other delicious pairings could include steamed broccoli, green beans, side salad or rice pilaf.
While this chicken is super delicious, unfortunately it is one dish that does not freeze well so I don’t recommend freezing leftovers.
If you have any leftovers, store them in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat them by placing leftovers in the oven at 225 and cooking until the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
Tips and Tricks
- Whatever your usual preference, DO NOT attempt this recipe with miracle whip. It’s far too tangy, and in the end it won’t crisp up with the Parmesan cheese to form the desired crust.
- If using very thick chicken breasts, you may want to pound them thinner with a meat mallet to adhere to these cooking times. To do this, just place the chicken between two sheets of wax paper and gently hit it with a meat mallet until it’s the desired thickness.
- You could also butterfly the breasts and then cut them in half in order to thin them out.
- Experiment with you cheeses! Fiesta blend, Italian blend, pepper jack, etc! Whatever you like!
- If the cheesy crust is browning too much before the meat’s done, loosely tent with aluminum foil.
- I haven’t tried it myself, but have heard you can substitute Greek yogurt for the mayo if fat is an issue.
Other Easy Chicken Dinners You’ll Love
This mayo Parmesan chicken is one our family’s favorite meals and a surefire winner any busy night. Make it today and enjoy!
Looking for other easy chicken recipes? Try these:
- Onion Crusted Herbed Chicken Breasts
- Healthy Slow Cooker Greek Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
- Pepper Jack & Spinach Stuffed Cajun Chicken Breasts
If you’ve tried this MAYO PARMESAN CHICKEN, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Parmesan Crusted Mayo Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts trimmed of fat
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Lightly grease a 9x13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange the chicken breasts evenly out in the prepared dish. Salt & pepper them.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder until evenly combined.
- Add the mayo mixture in dollops evenly out over the chicken, then use a spatula to spread as necessary to cover the chicken completely.
- Bake the chicken at 400° for 20-25 minutes, or until an a meat thermometer reads 165°. If the cheesy crust is browning too much before the meat's done, loosely tent with aluminum foil.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.