Looking for something more filling than a cold bowl of cereal, or heartier than frozen pastries for busy breakfasts? These Instant Pot Quick Oats with Apples, Walnuts, & Honey are a healthy, easily customizable way to start the day and make everyone happy, and in 5 minutes no less.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
So today’s already the 4th day of 2018’s AppleWeek, and we’ve truly seen some stunning dishes so far. It’s hard to believe, but the second half of the week is going to be just as yummy. Earlier this week, we decided to go with a new spin on a traditional dish and infused a white chicken chili with creamy white cheddar and sweet, savory roasted apples.
Today we’re using some delicious produce from Envy Apples to create a quick & easy, Fall-infused breakfast or brunch in your Instant Pot.
Before we get into today’s recipe, don’t forget to enter the GIVEAWAY for your chance to win these great prizes from our sponsors!
AppleWeek Prize Pack #1 from Swiss Diamond
Available in select stores only, Swiss Diamond’s XD 10 piece set features Swiss Diamond’s newest, most advanced diamond-reinforced nonstick coating. The new coating formulation contains 20% more real diamond crystals than the HD coating and was developed in Switzerland. The result is a significantly tougher cooking surface, 40% more durable with 40% better food release properties as compared to the Classic HD nonstick cookware. The are ideal for healthy cooking without oil and feature quick, easy clean-up with hot soapy water. They are PFOA-free and produced in an eco-friendly manner. The tempered glass lids have adjustable steam vents and the ergonomic handles and knobs are oven safe up to 500 F.
Swiss Diamond is a high-end cookware and kitchenware brand established in 2001, with a manufacturing facility in Sierre, Switzerland. The brand name originates from the company’s Swiss origin and it’s classic cookware line which uses a revolutionary nonstick coating made with diamond crystals for durability, superior heat conduction, and a long-lasting nonstick surface. Swiss Diamond is committed to meeting consumer needs by using safe, high-quality materials, by emphasizing innovative design with traditional European craftsmanship and by adhering to an eco-friendly production process.
AppleWeek Prize Pack #2 from Envy Apples
AppleWeek Prize Pack #3 from The Spice House
The Spice House has been sourcing premium spices since 1957, bringing you the finest selections from all over the globe. They provide the freshest and most flavorful ingredients possible via small, weekly batch grinding and blending.
Prize Pack #4 from Rodelle Vanilla
A Baker’s Dream Come True!
Package will include pure vanilla extract, gourmet dutch-processed baking cocoa, gourmet vanilla extract, gourmet vanilla beans, organic vanilla extract, organic chocolate extract, almond extract, vanilla paste, and some fun baking supplies to whip of your next batch of goodies with!
Rodelle believes ingredients makes all the difference, that’s why they are passionate about offering a complete line of superior baking ingredients, vanilla products and gourmet spice blends. Quality vanilla extract may cost a little bit more, but the flavors are worth it! Rodelle works with a farmer-owned co-op in Madagascar, Sahanala, to craft a farm-to-table vanilla that benefits the vanilla farmers and their families. Learn more about Rodelle’s vertical integration here. Or, Find out where to buy great Rodelle ingredients near you here.
Prize Pack #5 from Imperial Sugar
A Sweet Tooth’s Dream Come True!
The Winner will receive 1 case of 2-lb granulated sugar (20 bags) + 1 case of 2-lb light brown sugar (24 lbs), a silicone baking mat and a custom apron.
For 175 years, Imperial Sugar has been a trusted name in family kitchens across the South. Sweet things happen when people come together in the kitchen, and that’s why Imperial sugar has been at the heart of family traditions and celebrations for generations. We’re the secret ingredient in family-favorite recipes handed down from one generation to the next. Home cooks know that when you bake with love and Imperial sugar, that’s when memories are made. Visit ImperialSugar.com for over 100 years of time-tested recipes, kid’s crafts, how-to videos, coupons, giveaways and more.
Prize Pack # 6 from Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal and Nairn’s Oatcakes
Flahavan’s and Nairn’s have teamed up to bring out an oatstanding prize pack filled with naturally creamy, sustainable Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal and our go-to gluten free grahams by Nairn’s. We have a good gut feeling that you’re going to love it!
Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal is sustainably grown and milled in Co. Waterford, Ireland by the Flahavan’s family since 1785. They have sourced the finest oats from the same Irish farming families for generations. Flahavan’s oats are milled in small batches and minimally processed according to 230 year old milling tradition and double kilned. They are non-GMO and naturally gluten-free.
Nairn’s Gluten Free Grahams are rather good in more ways than one. For a start they’re made with only the finest wholegrain oats- naturally energizing and proven to reduce cholesterol. And at only 45 calories a piece, they’re a healthy alternative the the usual graham (also 40% less sugar!). But the real feel good factor comes from knowing every delicious gluten-fee bite is batch tested to Elisa standards so they’re truly safe to eat.
Prize Pack #7 from Nordic Ware
Nordic Ware is a family owned and operated kitchenware company since 1946 and has steadily built its reputation as an internationally distributed kitchenware brand. As a leading manufacturer and innovator, Nordic Ware produces the vast majority of its products in America, at its Minneapolis headquarters, including bakeware, cookware, grillware, microwave, and kitchen gadgets and accessories.
Just off the top of my head, I can easily think of several reasons to make virtually anything in my Instant Pot:
- Convenience- it’s got 8 functions in one simple machine
- It’s fast- pressure cooking definitely gets the job done faster than more conventional methods (and with less dishes)
- Energy efficiency- it uses less power than the oven or stove top, and doesn’t heat up the house
- Results- the Instant Pot is reliable, and whenever I follow a recipe it delivers fool proof results
So it really was a no-brainer for getting it involved with breakfasts on busy mornings. I’m no morning person, neither are my people. I’m not fit to socialize until after that first cup of coffee soothes my grouchy soul. My kids? They’re not too peasant either until after they’ve had something to eat. While cereal’s good, I’d like them to eat something heartier, and healthier that will hold them over til lunch time without a ton of empty carbs.
Thank the good Lord for these Instant Pot Quick Oats with Apples, Walnuts, & Honey! They’ve saved more than one morning around our house. Before I’m done savoring my first cup of coffee, these are ready, on the table,ready for the kids pile on their favorite toppings, and dig in. It’s a win-win for all of us.
Whether you call them quick oats, or oatmeal, they’re a long-standing breakfast staple. Making them in a pressure cooker, makes them magical in the expedience.
Our Instant Pot Quick Oats with Apples, Walnuts, & Honey is the creamiest oatmeal I’ve every had, without any of those from the packet preservatives or artificial flavors.
Topped with your favorite fresh fruit & crunchy nuts, a little drizzle of honey gives this healthy, fiber filled breakfast a sweet finish to fuel your morning.
Other Apple Recipes You Might Also Enjoy:
- Roasted Apple & White Cheddar Soup
- Sausage, Apple, & Herb Sheet Pan Supper
- Apple Butter Cupcakes with Cinnamon Apple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Spinach, White Cheddar, & Apple Salad with Berries, Nuts, & a Honey-Cider Vinaigrette
You can use whatever apples you, and your family prefer, but I highly suggest Envy Apples. You can’t go wrong with them. First cultivated in Australia, they’re a delicious, naturally bred cross between a Braeburn and Gala varieties. Sweet, crisp, juicy, and always fresh- they’re always good eaten as is, but are even better incorporated into yummy meals, like breakfast. If you need more inspiration for yummy ways to use them, check out their delicious Pinterest page.
An easy oatmeal recipe made quickly in an instant pot, topped with fresh fruit, nuts, and a sweet honey drizzle.
- 2 cups quick oats
- 4 cups almond milk
- freshly diced apples, we suggest using Envy Apples
- honey, for drizzling
Spray bottom and sides of inner pot with non stick cooking spray. Alternatively, add one cup of water to the bottom of the pot, and put the oats and milk in a casserole dish that will fit on top the the trivet. Stir together until evenly combined.
Turn the pressure valve to pressure setting, and select a manual cook time of 5 minutes.
Once the cooking time has elapsed, do a quick release. Ladle to oatmeal into serving bowls. Top with freshly diced apples, walnuts, and a drizzle of honey- and enjoy!
- Apple & Red Cabbage Slow-Cooker Sauerkraut by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apple Bourbon Pork Tenderloin with Butternut Squash by Girl Abroad
- Apple Butter-Glazed Chicken Wings by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Apple Cherry Jam Cookies by The Monday Box
- Apple Cinnamon Cake by Girl Abroad
- Cheddar Chicken Tacos with Apple Salsa by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Cider Donuts by House of Nash Eats
- Apple Cider Mules by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Apple Fritters by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Maple Breakfast Sausage by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Spice Poke Cake by Jonesin’ for Taste
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins by Books n’ Cooks
- Apple Pandowdy by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad by Cookaholic Wife
- Baked Apple Cider Donuts by Everyday Eileen
- Baked Cinnamon Apples by The Anthony Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Caramel Apple Galette by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Pie Party Mix by Lemon Blossoms
- Chicken with Apple, Onion, and Cider Sauce by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cinnamon Apple Fritters by The Freshman Cook
- Chipotle Turkey, Apple, & Sweet Potato Chili by Savory Moments
- Harvest Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Love and Confections
- Herby Ginger Apple Compote by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Individual Skillet Apple Pies by Family Around the Table
- Instant Pot Quick Oats with Apples, Walnuts and Honey by 4 Sons R Us
- Japanese Beef Curry (Kare Raisu) by Palatable Pastime
- Kielbasa, Apple, Bacon, Sweet Potato Skillet Meal by Tip Garden
- Mini Apple Crisp Baked Apples by Cooking With Carlee
- New England Apple Cake by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Pan Apple Cakes by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Salted Caramel Apple Cinnamon Turnovers by Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chai Apple Butter by Mildly Meandering
- Spiked Mulled Apple Cider by Caroline’s Cooking
- Stuffed Apples with Homemade Sausage and Rice by Our Good Life
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.