Do you love quesadillas? We do too, and we’ve finally found the perfect way to fix them for breakfast, even dessert, with these totally addictive Apple Cheesecake Breakfast Quesadillas. It’s like your favorite crisp breakfast met your best cheesecake dessert, with apples and smidge of cinnamon & sugar thrown in.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Fall is synonymous with so many things, but as I’ve said before- apples will always be one of the number one’s for me.
They’re good all by themselves as a wholly nutritious snack, you can even turn them into lunches, brunches, even dinners. Literally, you name it!
And while I try to keep things healthy, I offer no apologies for going off the deep end. The sweetened, dessert-y deep end.
Apples are an extremely nutritious fruit. They’re full of antioxidants and even dietary fiber. There’s even evidence they can help hypertension, heart disease, and diabetes. So why wouldn’t I want to add a little bit of that ish into just about everything?!
Lemme just sprinkle them apples into everything, every recipe this Fall like confetti. You can never go wrong, however you try to add a little apple into your day. It may, or may not, even keep the Doctor away.
We’re no strangers to adding apples to many sweet treats, whatever course of the day.
Breakfast, lunch, or dinner- bring it on!
Today though, I’m not talking about your traditional Southern fried apples, apple fritters, or even apple pie. Nope, we’re stepping out game up, and stepping out of the box once again.
We could’ve served our apples up as a side of fruit plated beside some scrambled eggs. We could’ve sliced them and given our kids a side of cream cheese to dip them in for an easy cheater breakfast.
Instead, we decided to make some real morning magic by using them to make Apple Cheesecake Breakfast Quesadillas. Yes, you did read that right.
Apple. Cheesecake. Breakfast. Quesadillas.
Fresh burrito-sized flour tortillas are spread with a to-die-for cinnamon cream cheese spread. A delicious blend of cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon- all whipped together to creamy, dreamy perfection.
Half of the tortilla is then spread with a layer of crisp, sweet apple slices, and folded over to close. Added to a hot skillet with melted butter, it’s browned to a perfect crisp before being flipped and crisped again to golden brown perfection.
It’s the ultimate indulgent treat. Not quite breakfast, but not exactly dessert either. It’s perfect for both.
Brushed with warm, melted butter and sprinkled with a cinnamon sugar blend on each side- these Apple Cheesecake Breakfast Quesadillas are a sure fire hit, and to die for- whichever meal you deem them fit for.
The sugar & cinnamon crisp is a key component, so make sure you spring for quality. I used Imperial sugar.
One thing’s for sure, whenever, wherever you decide to serve this breakfast/dessert hybrid quesadilla- it’s bound to be a hit. For once, have your cheesecake and eat it too- even when you’re not at the dessert table.
Other Apple Recipes You Might Also Enjoy:
- Caramel Apple Snickers Salad
- Healthy Peanut Butter Apple Dip
- Apple Pie Cupcakes
- Boneless Pork Chops with Apple Chutney
- Caramel Apple Blondies
Apple Cheesecake Breakfast Quesadillas
- 4 large burrito sized flour tortillas
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp Imperial granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp butter
- melted butter
- mixture of cinnamon & sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, & cinnamon. Whip together until smooth and completely incorporated.
- Spread 1/4 of the mixture evenly out over one side of a tortilla. Layer apples over one 1/2 of the tortilla. Fold over to close.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a flat bottomed skillet over medium low heat. When melted, transfer the quesadilla to the pan. Cook 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Using two spatulas, flip the quesadilla, cooking another 1-2 minutes, until that side's also golden brown. Repeat for the remaining 3 quesadillas.
- Using a basting brush, lightly brush one side of a cooked, crisp quesadilla with melted butter, sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar. Flip the quesadilla, repeat, and do for all of the remaining quesadillas.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the warm quesadillas into wedges and serve immediately.
AppleWeek Prize Pack #1 from Swiss Diamond
Available in select stores only, Swiss Diamond’s XD 10 piece set features Swiss Diamond’s newest, most advanced diamond-reinforced nonstick coating. The new coating formulation contains 20% more real diamond crystals than the HD coating and was developed in Switzerland. The result is a significantly tougher cooking surface, 40% more durable with 40% better food release properties as compared to the Classic HD nonstick cookware. The are ideal for healthy cooking without oil and feature quick, easy clean-up with hot soapy water. They are PFOA-free and produced in an eco-friendly manner. The tempered glass lids have adjustable steam vents and the ergonomic handles and knobs are oven safe up to 500 F.
Swiss Diamond is a high-end cookware and kitchenware brand established in 2001, with a manufacturing facility in Sierre, Switzerland. The brand name originates from the company’s Swiss origin and it’s classic cookware line which uses a revolutionary nonstick coating made with diamond crystals for durability, superior heat conduction, and a long-lasting nonstick surface. Swiss Diamond is committed to meeting consumer needs by using safe, high-quality materials, by emphasizing innovative design with traditional European craftsmanship and by adhering to an eco-friendly production process.
AppleWeek Prize Pack #2 from Envy Apples
AppleWeek Prize Pack #3 from The Spice House
The Spice House has been sourcing premium spices since 1957, bringing you the finest selections from all over the globe. They provide the freshest and most flavorful ingredients possible via small, weekly batch grinding and blending.
Prize Pack #4 from Rodelle Vanilla
A Baker’s Dream Come True!
Package will include pure vanilla extract, gourmet dutch-processed baking cocoa, gourmet vanilla extract, gourmet vanilla beans, organic vanilla extract, organic chocolate extract, almond extract, vanilla paste, and some fun baking supplies to whip of your next batch of goodies with!
Rodelle believes ingredients makes all the difference, that’s why they are passionate about offering a complete line of superior baking ingredients, vanilla products and gourmet spice blends. Quality vanilla extract may cost a little bit more, but the flavors are worth it! Rodelle works with a farmer-owned co-op in Madagascar, Sahanala, to craft a farm-to-table vanilla that benefits the vanilla farmers and their families. Learn more about Rodelle’s vertical integration here. Or, Find out where to buy great Rodelle ingredients near you here.
Prize Pack #5 from Imperial Sugar
A Sweet Tooth’s Dream Come True!
The Winner will receive 1 case of 2-lb granulated sugar (20 bags) + 1 case of 2-lb light brown sugar (24 lbs), a silicone baking mat and a custom apron.
For 175 years, Imperial Sugar has been a trusted name in family kitchens across the South. Sweet things happen when people come together in the kitchen, and that’s why Imperial sugar has been at the heart of family traditions and celebrations for generations. We’re the secret ingredient in family-favorite recipes handed down from one generation to the next. Home cooks know that when you bake with love and Imperial sugar, that’s when memories are made. Visit ImperialSugar.com for over 100 years of time-tested recipes, kid’s crafts, how-to videos, coupons, giveaways and more.
Prize Pack # 6 from Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal and Nairn’s Oatcakes
Flahavan’s and Nairn’s have teamed up to bring out an oatstanding prize pack filled with naturally creamy, sustainable Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal and our go-to gluten free grahams by Nairn’s. We have a good gut feeling that you’re going to love it!
Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal is sustainably grown and milled in Co. Waterford, Ireland by the Flahavan’s family since 1785. They have sourced the finest oats from the same Irish farming families for generations. Flahavan’s oats are milled in small batches and minimally processed according to 230 year old milling tradition and double kilned. They are non-GMO and naturally gluten-free.
Nairn’s Gluten Free Grahams are rather good in more ways than one. For a start they’re made with only the finest wholegrain oats- naturally energizing and proven to reduce cholesterol. And at only 45 calories a piece, they’re a healthy alternative the the usual graham (also 40% less sugar!). But the real feel good factor comes from knowing every delicious gluten-fee bite is batch tested to Elisa standards so they’re truly safe to eat.
Prize Pack #7 from Nordic Ware
Perfect for baking all of these AppleWeek treats, Nordic Ware will give one lucky winner an apple cakelet pan and prism baker’s bundle with a quarter and half sheet pan!
Nordic Ware is a family owned and operated kitchenware company since 1946 and has steadily built its reputation as an internationally distributed kitchenware brand. As a leading manufacturer and innovator, Nordic Ware produces the vast majority of its products in America, at its Minneapolis headquarters, including bakeware, cookware, grillware, microwave, and kitchen gadgets and accessories.
- Apple Bourbon Pork Tenderloin with Butternut Squash by Girl Abroad
- Apple Butter Cheesecake Tart by Soulfully Made
- Apple Cheesecake Breakfast Quesadillas by 4 Sons R Us
- Apple Cinnamon Cake by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Cider Spiced Donut Cake by Love and Confections
- Apple Cinnamon Sprinkle Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Apple Crisp Breakfast Bowl by Shockingly Delicious
- Apple Fennel and Beet Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Hand Pies w/ an Oatmeal Crust by The Freshman Cook
- Apple Nachos by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Apple Peanut Butter Ebelskivers by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Tortas Fritas (Argentinean Fry Bread with Apples) by Palatable Pastime
- Applesauce Oatmeal Bread With Vanilla Honey Butter by Cooking With Carlee
- Apple Rosette Frangipane Tart by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Apple Cinnamon Oat Bars by Daily Dish Recipes
- Caramel-Stuffed Apple Butter Snickerdoodles by The Redhead Baker
- Chicken Salad with Apples, Cranberries, and Pecans by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cinnamon Apple Iced Oatmeal Cookies by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Ginger Apple Cakelet by Everyday Eileen
- Oatmeal Apple Pancakes by Simple and Savory
- Pink Peppercorn & Curry Leaf Chicken Salad by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Stuffed Apples with Cheddar and Sausage by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.