Pasta salad is one of the most easily adaptable side dishes out there, both the ingredients and to any occasion. Step up your pasta salad game with this creamy Crunchy Doritos Taco Pasta Salad. Featuring seasoned ground beef, crushed Doritos, and fresh veggies tossed in a creamy dressing- it’s a real family & potluck pleaser.
Phew, Easter’s over and so’s the madness that comes along with planning, prepping, and preparing the big family feast. Which means it’s time for me to begin planning our family menu for out much simpler, but super fun little fiesta for Cinco De Mayo.
Those are all old family favorites, I wanted something new to grace our menu this year. Something new, and fun.
And easy, because ya know, irons in the fire and all that and quick and easy floats my boat.
If we’re being honest, what’s a quicker, easier, & more versatile side dish than pasta salad? Nothing! Said everyone ever. That still holds true with this uber yummy Crunchy Doritos Taco Pasta Salad.
Pasta is traditionally associated with Italy and Italians. But, pasta salad- the cold dish we usually think of- with a mayo base and tossed with chopped veggies, meat and possibly cheese- is 100% an American invention.
One we’ve whole hearted-ly embraced in our own family- and LOVE!
I mean really, you can’t go wrong with a solid pasta salad, and it can pair with so many different meats & meals- grilled or not. This particular version, the Crunchy Doritos Taco Pasta Salad, was made for pure savory enjoyment.
So this Crunchy Doritos Taco Pasta Salad is the most awesome thing that could have possibly happened. It hit’s all the right notes with flavors that blend together seamlessly, and it has it going on in the texture department too. It hits all the right notes!
Just like a yummy taco, this pasta salad includes seasoned crumbled ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, fresh veggies, and bow tie shaped pasta. It’s tossed in a creamy French dressing with pieces of crunchy Doritos chips. You can’t go wrong, and you will know it’s oh-so right from the first bite to the last.
An added bonus? This recipe makes a big batch, so it’s perfect for sharing & celebrating!
Crunchy Doritos Taco Pasta Salad
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked, crumbled, & drained
- 1 lb bowtie shaped pasta, cooked, drained, and rinsed with cold water to stop cooking
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 small bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 cups shredded, or cubed, pepper jack cheese
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups French dressing
- 2-3 cups crushed Doritos
- Toss together the ground beef and taco seasoning until evenly combined.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the seasoned beef, pasta, onions, tomatoes, cheese, and lettuce- stirring until evenly mixed.
- Stir in the dressing until everything's evenly coated. Add the chips, and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until chilled and then serve.