Crispy onion soup potatoes are a deliciously easy side dish. These addicting three ingredient roasted potatoes are perfectly crunchy on the outside but beautifully tender on the inside. Onion soup mix packs them full of flavor with no extra work. You’ll want to make this easy roasted potato recipe over and over again!
Potatoes don’t get enough love in my opinion. They are incredibly versatile and delicious, but often so overlooked.
Let’s change that with these crispy onion soup potatoes! These roasted potatoes are incredibly yummy.
The Easiest Most Versatile Potato Recipe Ever
Aside from loving these potatoes because they are insanely delicious, I also adore them because they are so versatile and easy.
You could serve these potatoes as a breakfast side dish with scrambled eggs in place of hash browns or along side almost any dinner main dish.
Plus, these potatoes only need 3 ingredients so prepping them is a breeze. Cleanup too!
How to Make Crispy Onion Soup Potatoes
Making this onion soup potato recipe is a snap! You don’t even have to peel the potatoes if you don’t want to, which makes prep so much faster.
To make these onion soup potatoes, start by washing the potatoes. If you want to peel the potatoes, you can do that now. Otherwise, just go ahead and cut the potatoes into roughly equal sized pieces.
Sometimes I peel them, but if I’m just making them for my crew I often skip that step. The skins get extra crispy when roasted, and they’re full of nutrients I’m happy to have my guys’ enjoy.
Then put the potatoes in a large mixing bowl and add the oil. Give the potatoes a good toss to get them evenly coated in the oil.
Sprinkle in the onion soup mix and toss again to distribute the onion soup mix, making sure all the potatoes are as evenly coated as possible.
Pour the potatoes out onto a large sheet pan that you’ve sprayed with nonstick spray. Then pop them into the oven and bake them for 20-25 minutes, turning them half way through.
Tips and Tricks to make the Best Onion Potatoes
These onion soup potatoes are super easy to make, but following these tips and tricks will ensure you have potato success each time you make these:
- Use the right kind of potatoes. I prefer Russets or Idaho potatoes in this but red potatoes or Yukon gold also work well.
- Make sure the potatoes are cut into even pieces. This will help the potatoes cook evenly.
- Don’t forget to flip the potatoes halfway through. If you don’t flip the potatoes, they will overcook on the side that’s against the sheet pan.
Other Simple Potato Side Dishes You Might Love
These crispy onion soup potatoes are a hit each time I serve them. Make them and see why we love them so much!
Looking for other easy side dishes? Here are some other minimal ingredient, easy potato side dishes you might enjoy:
If you’ve tried these CRISPY ONION POTATOES, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Crispy Onion Potatoes
- 2 lbs russet potatoes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pkg Lipton onion soup mix
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Then dice them. Larger chunks are good. Transfer the potatoes to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the oil out over the potatoes, tossing them to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle the onion soup mix out over the potatoes, again tossing until evenly coated.
- Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- Spread the potatoes out onto the prepared pan in a single even layer.
- Bake the potatoes at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, tossing & turning half way through, until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve them & enjoy!
Leave a Comment