Halloween will be here before you know it. Get your little ghouls & goblins in the spirit of things with a big batch of this quick & easy Monster Fudge. It’s an adorably spooky dessert that will have all the monsters (old & young) crowding around the treat table.
This post and recipe were created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsors, but (as always) all opinions are 100% my own.
Most people get excited in the weeks leading up to Christmas. Festive treats, decorating parties, the whole nine yards.
It may not be that time of year yet, but we are in the weeks leading up to another beloved Holiday in this house- HALLOWEEN!
We’re always on the lookout for a reason to celebrate just about any holiday, but for the biggies we tend to go all out. So far, the sons have been loving seeing what been rolling out of our kitchen… especially this sweet, layered Monster Fudge.
This is the cute kinda spooky treat I’m all about, although the teens are particular to the gory blood/guts and zombie-ish style. We all agreed, it was delicious, especially combining two different fudge flavors into one sweet bite.
We added a holiday Halloween themed blend of sprinkles from Sweets & Treats Boutique to the mix for a fun ‘pop’ of color, and for a bit of crunchy texture. Layers of flavor and layers of textures, this Halloween-themed fudge had a little something for everyone.
Candied eyeballs from Wilton gave turned it into whimsical little monsters, perfect for your own little monsters to enjoy.
While the layers are obviously different, they do start out from the same base recipe.
In a sauce pan on the stove, or using a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter– stirring until everything’s smooth and evenly incorporated. Stir in some yummy marshmallow cream, until the mixture’s once again smooth.
Here’s where our two different layers diverge, other than just in color and type of chocolate. For the bottom layer, stir in 8 Halloween-themed Oreo sandwich cookies that you’ve broken into chunks. This is poured into the bottom of a parchment paper lined 8×8″ baking dish.
Instead of oreos, 3 tablespoons of festive sprinkles are stirred into the white chocolate fudge layer.
The white chocolate mixture is then poured over the bottom chocolate layer already in the pan. You can use a spatula, if needed, to smooth out the surface.
The rest of the sprinkles are sprinkled evenly out over top of the fudge. Wilton’s candy eye balls are set in the fudge, in pairs, about two inches apart. After the fudge has cooled and set for 2-3 hours, it’s cut into 1 1/2″ squares, ready for serving.
Whether as a sweet treat to get your own little Monsters in the spirit of things, or as a spooky addition to your Halloween dessert table- everyone will get a tickle out of this adorable Monster Fudge.
Other Halloween Themed Treats You Might Also Enjoy:
- Candy Corn Fruit Parfaits
- Moonlit Pumpkin Patch Pudding Snacks
- Candy Corn Layered Drinks
- Monster Munch Snack Mix
Halloween Monster Fudge
For The Chocolate Layer
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted sweet cream butter
- 2 Tbsp. marshmallow cream
- 8 Halloween Oreo cookies broken into chunks
For The Vanilla Layer
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate baking chips
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter
- 2 tbsp marshmallow cream
- 5 tbsp Sweets & Treats Boutique's Halloween-themed sprinkles
- 1 pkg Wilton candy eyes
- In a medium saucepan add your chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter.
- Turn your heat on low.
- Stir until melted and creamy.
- Add the marshmallow cream.
- Stir to combine.
- Add in the crumbled Oreo.
- Lightly stir to combine.
- Line your 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Pour your fudge mixture into the baking dish.
- Now onto the white chocolate layer.
- In a medium saucepan add the white chocolate chips. sweetened condensed milk, and butter.
- Over low heat stir until melted and creamy.
- Add in the marshmallow cream.
- Stir to combine.
- Remove from the heat.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in 3 Tablespoons Halloween sprinkles.
- Pour the white chocolate over the chocolate layer.
- Top with the remaining sprinkles.
- Add candy eyeballs keeping two next to each other for the correct eyes look.
- Let set for 3 hours.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.
- Store in a sealed container.
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam’s Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st – October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Pumpkin Patch Graveyard Eclair from Big Bear’s Wife
- Pumpkin Empanadas from Pook’s Pantry
- Malted Milk Ball Spider Cookies from Pastry Chef Online
- Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Purple Velvet Halloween Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Eyeball Jello Shots from I am a Honey Bee
- Monster Fudge from 4 Sons R Us
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars from A Blender Mom
- Vampire Ice Cream Floats from Daily Dish Recipes
- Graveyard Pie from Eat Move Make
- Easy Skeleton Cake Pops from Pint Sized Baker
- Swiss Meringue Spooky Skull from Kudos Kitchen
- Candy Corn Cheesecake Mousse from The Spiffy Cookie
- Melting Witch Candy Popcorn Halloween Party Mix from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Dragon’s Eggs from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Graveyard Dip from Mildly Meandering
- Eyeball Cake Balls from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- White Chocolate Ghost Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Blossom Sprinkle Cookies from House of Nash Eats
- Rice Krispie Haunted House from Savory Experiments
- Halloween Snack Mix from Katie’s Cucina
- Monster Rice Krispies from For the Love of Food