A simple sandwich of cold cuts and sliced cheese is easily transformed into a spooky addition to your kids’ lunchboxes or Halloween party spreads. These Monster Sandwiches are a must have for your little Monsters!
My lunch is grinning at me. (help?)
I’m gonna go ahead and file that under the ‘Things I Never Thought I’d Say’ tab.
And in this case it’s a good thing, because it means I’ve succeeded in making adorable, edible little monsters for my little monsters. Well monster sandwiches that is!
These are ready in mere minutes, making them a perfect addition to any little lunch box and easy enough to whip a batch large enough for the food table at just about any Halloween Monster
Other Fun Festive Halloween Treats The Kids Will Enjoy:
If you’ve tried these MONSTER SANDWICHES, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
- 2 slices of your favorite sandwich bread we used honey wheat
- 1 slice sharp cheddar cheese
- 2-3 slices of lunch meat ham, turkey, or chicken
- 2 pimento-stuffed green olives
- mayonnaise or mustard optional
- large round cookie cutter or biscuit cutter
- Use a large cookie or biscuit cutter, press into the slices of bread, pulling away crust and excess to cut into circles. Use a paring knife to cut jagged little ‘teeth’ into one side of the slice of cheese. Stack the slices of lunchmeat on the bottom piece of bread & put the slice of cheese on top with the jagged edge facing ‘out’ and slightly hanging over the edge. Spread a bit of mayo and/or mustard onto the inside of the other cut piece of bread and then top the sandwich. Break a toothpick in half & insert one half into a pimento stuffed olive & the other into the top of the sandwich. Repeat with the other one forming your monster eyes. Repeat as many times as needed for your desired number of sandwiches.