Banana pudding popsicles are a lighter way to satisfy your sweet tooth this summer! These creamy homemade pops have all the classic banana pudding flavor with virtually no work for a wholesome alternative to ice cream your whole family will love!
“This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.”
My boys all love banana pudding pie.
Both of those treats are so yummy but are more work than I want to do in the middle of the summer of heat. So I thought to myself why not turn that treat into an easy frozen treat perfect for summer desserts and snacks?
And not only are these pudding pops easy to make, but they are full of wholesome goodness. With a non-fat Greek yogurt base, these treats are good and good for you!
What more could you want?
To make these you’ll need just a few easy to find ingredients including:
- Greek yogurt– Go for non-fat plain Greek yogurt. Don’t substitute regular yogurt as it will affect the texture.
- Granulated sugar– I am a huge fan of Dixie Crystal’s granulated sugar. It’s always consistently sweet.
- Banana pudding mix– Make sure you use the instant kind and not the kind you need to stir on the stove.
- Cookies– I like using a few vanilla wafers or golden Oreos to emulate a crust.
How to Make
The prep for these popsicles is so easy!
To make them, stir together the yogurt, sugar, and banana pudding mix in a medium bowl until combined and smooth.
Scoop equal amounts of the mixture between 6 popsicle molds.
Top the bottom of the pops with crushed Oreo cookies or Nilla wafers. Insert popsicle sticks or straws into each mold so they are sticking straight up.
Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Before serving, running the mold under warm water to help it release. Enjoy!
Store these in the freezer in the molds or Dixie cups for up to 3 months.
Tips and Tricks
- The Greek yogurt is key. Make sure you are using Greek yogurt instead of regular yogurt. Subbing regular yogurt will give you thinner, less luscious pops.
- You could also use other cookies besides Golden Oreos or Nilla wafers. For peanut butter lovers, crushed Nutter Butters would be fantastic.
- Make sure you stir the ingredients well prior to scooping into the molds so you don’t get weird clumps.
Other Banana Desserts You’ll Love
These banana pudding popsicles are a family favorite! Make them and beat the heat this weekend with this fun summer treat!
Looking for other banana dessert recipes? Try these:
- Banana Fluff Pudding Salad
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Banana Bread
- Bananas Foster Upside Down Cake
- Slow Cooker Elvis Pudding Cake
If you’ve tried these BANANA PUDDING POPSICLES or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Banana Pudding Popsicles
- 2 cups non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup Dixie Crystal's granulated sugar
- 1 pack instant banana pudding mix
- 2-3 crushed vanilla wafers or golden Oreo cookies
- In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, sugar, and banana pudding mix until combined and smooth.
- Scoop equal amounts between 6 popsicle molds. Top with crushed Oreo cookies or Nilla wafers.
- Insert popsicle sticks or straws into each mold- sticking straight up.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Welcome to this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. You’re going to be in for a treat this year because we have 28 blogs/bloggers creating summer themed dessert recipes all week! We’re sharing them with the hashtag #SummerDessertWeek on social media and you’ll find some of the links in this post as well. Plus, we also have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away 1 (one) 4.2 Quart (4 Liter) Electric Air Fryer
Prize #2 — Circulon is giving away a TOTAL BAKEWARE 6-Piece Nonstick Bakeware Set – Two 9-Inch Round Cake Pans, 9-Inch Square Cake Pan, 9-Inch x 5-Inch Loaf Pan, 9-Inch x 13-Inch Rectangular Cake Pan, 10-Inch x 15-Inch Cookie Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 26th until July 31st at 11:59PMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 2 (two) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 2 (two) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals and Circulon. These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Butter Pecan Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
Chocolate Banana Pudding Pops from Semi Homemade Recipes
Banana Pudding Popsicles from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Mug Cake from Our Good Life
Lemon Icebox Pie from Sweet Beginnings
Swig Cookies from Devour Dinner
Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies from SugarYums
Strawberry Quik Pudding Shots from Sweet ReciPEAs
Watermelon Mint Sorbet from Cookaholic Wife