No bake grape JELLO pie is a refreshing summer treat you’ll love! Bursting with big grape flavor, this pie will cool you down and satisfy your sweet tooth all summer long!
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Have you seen the meme floating around about buying fresh produce?
The one about how being a Mom means never buying the right amount of produce?
Either everyone suddenly loves grapes & a weeks worth are eaten in a single afternoon, or fruit flies are congregating around my rotting bananas. It is so true.
I hate to see food go to waste. And my kids are gonna eat these grapes- whether they know it or not.
Plus, I’ve noticed that they tend to love anything JELLO related, especially eating things in JELLO.
It was really a no brainer from there to this simple, sweet grape JELLO pie.
To make this you’ll need:
- Pie Crust– Go for a premade frozen pie crust for maximum ease. If you prefer you could get one of the pie crusts from the refrigerated section instead or even a graham cracker crust. If you choose a pie crust that needs to be baked, make sure to bake it according to directions on the package.
- Sugar– Granulated sugar. I used Dixie Crystal’s brand.
- Water– You will use the water to make a simple syrup base with the sugar.
- Cornstarch– For thickening
- Grape JELLO– I love using Crush grape JELLO in this.
- Grapes– Go for black seedless grapes, my all time favorite being the Concord variety. Can’t find black ones? Red ones will work too.
- Whipped cream– Optional but for topping and garnish.
How to Make
Making this summertime pie is so simple!
To do it, whisk together the water and sugar in a large skillet over medium low heat until the sugar dissolves.
Once the sugar has dissolved, whisk in the cornstarch, a little bit at a time, until smooth and any lumps stirred out. Repeat until all cornstarch has been incorporated and the mixture’s smooth.
Stir in half the grapes. Raise the heat to medium high, and continue cooking until the grapes have begun to break down and the mixture’s thickened.
At this point, remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the JELLO powder until evenly combined. Let the filling mixture sit until cooled. Then, add the rest of the grapes to the cooled filling, stirring to evenly combine.
Pour this mixture into the baked, cooled prepared pie crust. Refrigerate the pie for 4 hours or until it’s set.
Using a hot knife, cut the chilled pie into slices and serve as is or topped with fresh whipped cream. Enjoy!
Make sure you store leftover pie in the refrigerate in a loosely covered pie plate.
Leftovers should stay good for up to 5 days.
Tips and Tricks
- For the smoothest filling, make sure to whisk the cornstarch in a little at a time and let it fully dissolve prior to adding more. A little extra time and vigilance will go a long way during this step.
- Can’t find black grapes? Use red grapes instead.
- Make sure your grapes are seedless!
- Using a warm knife to cut the pie will give you the cleanest cuts and prettiest presentation.
Stay tuned & keep scrolling past the recipe card to check out this year’s awesome #SummerDessertWeek giveaway.
Don’t forget to enter the GIVEAWAY for your chance to win, and also to discover all the other yummy desserts on today’s Summer-themed menu.
Other No Bake Pies You’ll Love
This no bake grape JELLO pie satisfies all the sweet cravings while being a refreshing choice to serve when the weather gets too hot. Make this this summer and enjoy! Looking for other no bake pie recipes?
If you’ve tried this GRAPE JELLO PIE or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Grape Jello Pie
- 1 traditional 9" frozen pie crust baked according to it's package instructions
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 2.79 oz pkg Crush grape jello
- 3 1/2 cups small black, seedless grapes divided
- whipped cream optional
- In a large skillet, stir together the water and sugar. Heat these over medium low heat, whisking occasionally until the sugar dissolves.
- Whisk in the cornstarch, a little bit at a time, until smooth and any lumps stirred out. Only then, begin adding in the next bit of cornstarch. Repeat until all cornstarch has been incorporated & the mixture's smooth.
- Stir in half the grapes. Raise the heat to medium high, and continue cooking until the grapes have begun to break down and the mixture's thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and whisk in the jello powder until evenly combined. Let the filling mixture sit until cooled.
- Add the rest of the grapes to the cooled filling, stirring to evenly combine. Pour this mixture into the baked, cooled prepared pie crust.
- Refrigerate the pie for 4 hours, or until set.
- Using a hot knife, cut the chilled pie into slices and serve as is or topped with fresh whipped cream.
recipe adapted from Tornadough Alli
Welcome to this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. You’re going to be in for a treat this year because we have 28 blogs/bloggers creating summer themed dessert recipes all week! We’re sharing them with the hashtag #SummerDessertWeek on social media and you’ll find some of the links in this post as well. Plus, we also have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away 1 (one) 4.2 Quart (4 Liter) Electric Air Fryer
Prize #2 — Circulon is giving away a TOTAL BAKEWARE 6-Piece Nonstick Bakeware Set – Two 9-Inch Round Cake Pans, 9-Inch Square Cake Pan, 9-Inch x 5-Inch Loaf Pan, 9-Inch x 13-Inch Rectangular Cake Pan, 10-Inch x 15-Inch Cookie Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 26th until July 31st at 11:59PMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 2 (two) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 2 (two) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals and Circulon. These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Strawberry Banana Sorbet from Big Bear’s Wife
Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizzas from Semi Homemade Recipes
Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Cookies from Eat Move Make
Ursula Blackberry Yogurt Mousse Cake from Simply Inspired Meals
Strawberry Upside Down Cake from It’s Shanaka
Margarita Bundt Cake from Fake Ginger
Air Fryer Blackberry Hand Pies from Blogghetti
Grape Jello Pie from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Lime Raspberry Hand Pies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Summertime Blue Apple Pie from For the Love of Food
Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Strawberry Peach Poke Cake from Our Good Life
S’mores Mug Cake from Family Around the Table
White Chocolate Peach Crumb Bars from Sweet Beginnings
Strawberry Pizzelles from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Hocus Pocus Buns from Savory Experiments
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream from Devour Dinner
Small Batch Emergency Air Fryer Brownies from Shockingly Delicious
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars from Books n’ Cooks
Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake from SugarYums
Crescent Roll Peach Dumplings from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Instant Pot Orange Dreamsicle Cheesecake from Baking up Memories
Rum Raisin Brownies from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Shortbread from Pastry Chef Online
Drumstick Cheesecake Cups from Sweet ReciPEAs
Sheet Pan No Bake Banana Split Cheesecake from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread from Comfortably Domestic
Baltimore Strawberry Pie from Cookaholic Wife