A tasty treat, this 5 Minute Ice Cream In A Bag is an easy, sweet treat the whole family can get involved in making. Everybody is sure to enjoy this simple dessert.
While Summer doesn’t officially start for a few more days, the summer temps (and humidity) have already invaded central VA.
Now that the kids are out of school, they’re ready to spend every waking minute outside in the sun playing, wrestling, fishing, climbing trees, and all the other outdoor activities a boy can think up.
On top of making sure they stay hydrated, sometimes they just need a little something extra to take the edge off and help cool down.
A quick, easy, sweet, and COLD treat is always a summer-time hit.
I love this easy 5 Minute Ice Cream In A Bag because it’s so simple they can actually take pride in making their own. The mess is contained and easy to dispose of when they’re done.
Science experiment, anyone?
This activity is so easy to incorporate, as a little extra sensory play and learning, in your daily routine without the kids actually realizing they’re being ‘schooled’.
Seriously, this 5 Minute Ice Cream In A Bag is, without a doubt, one of the kids (and, secretly, mine too) favorite ways to beat the Summer heat.
The recipe makes one serving, so we gather everybody around the kitchen table, give each kid their pre-measured supplies, and let them each go at it following the directions. They’re always fascinated the first time, and proud of their work.
This is also a perfect dessert to make on school nights when the kids have been extra well behaved, but the freezer’s empty. Our 5 Minute Ice Cream In A Bag will have everyone celebrating!
Other Easy No Churn Ice Cream Recipe The Family Might Also Enjoy:
- No Churn Orange Dreamsicle Ice Cream
- 3 Ingredient, No Churn PB & J Ice Cream
- 4 Ingredient, No Churn Nutella Ice Cream
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream
5 Minutes Ice Cream In A Bag
- 1/2 cup whole milk half and half, or cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp sea salt
- 2 cups of ice
- sandwich sized ziplock bag
- quart sized ziplock bag
- In the sandwich sized ziplocking bag, add milk, sugar, and vanilla. Seal bag tightly.
- In the quart sized bag, add the ice and salt.
- Place the smaller bag inside the larger bag and seal tightly.
- Shake the bag as hard as you can, without popping it open, for 5 minutes or until it reaches the consistency of ice cream.
- Remove the smaller bag and give it a quick rinse to remove any pieces of salt. Make sure you rinse the opening as well.
- Open the ice cream and eat it straight out of the bag with a spoon.
Pictures Updated On 9/14/2018