If you’re in the mood for a sweet treat that’s easy to whip up, but also gorgeous enough to grace any holiday table- these white chocolate gingerbread crescent rolls are just the thing. They’re the perfect edible present hiding a sweet cream cheese, chocolate, and ginger snap surprise inside!
I can’t believe Christmas is only a week away. It never ceases to amaze me how fast a year goes by the older I get.
And while I may have perfected my Masters in Procrastination over the years, gift buying is always an exception. I’m usually done with everything, except stocking stuffers, before the school year starts.
And while I may *have* all the gifts hidden in sneaky little spots, that I can only hope I remember all of, it’s still the week before Christmas and I haven’t wrapped a single thing.
Ya know what? It’s all going to work itself out, and every darn thing will get wrapped and placed perfectly under the tree, even if it’s not until 3 AM Christmas morning.
One thing I do enjoy wrapping up? Surprises, in the middle of snacks for the kids. Whether I’m serving them for brunch, for snack, or even dessert, there’s nothing quite as perfect for this as the crescent roll.
Just picture it: the flaky outer pastry of a perfectly cooked crescent roll, with crumbled spicy ginger snaps, a dash of Christmas colored sprinkles, and a white chocolate drizzle are a perfect outer shell.
You don’t even realize at first glance that it’s hiding the perfect complimentary flavors inside, rich cream cheese and sweet white chocolate.
That pretty package is hiding some serious flavor. Some serious ‘yum’ factor!
Think of these sweet gingerbread crescent rolls as a present for your mouth, one that’s just waiting to tickle those taste buds.
If you’ve tried these WHITE CHOCOLATE GINGERBREAD CRESCENT ROLLS, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
White Chocolate Gingerbread Crescent Rolls
- 1 8 oz 8 count, tube of crescent roll dough
- 4 oz cream cheese softened and cut into 8 equal cubes
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 8 gingersnap cookies crushed
- red green, and/or white candy sprinkles
- Roll out the crescent dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Fill each crescent roll with 1 cube of the cream cheese, 1 tbsp of the white chocolate chips, and a pinch of the crushed gingersnaps.
- Start at the fat end and gently roll up the triangle to form crescent shape, repeating for the remaining crescents.
- Bake the prepared rolls at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a double boiler, or in the microwave, melt the rest of the white chocolate chips. Drizzle the chocolate over the crescent rolls and then sprinkle the rest of the crushed ginger snaps over top. Finish off with a handful of candy sprinkles. Serve warm.
recipe adapted from Lemon Tree Dwelling