If you love cheese filled potato pierogi dumplings, then this Pierogi Lasagna is going to be the ultimate indulgent comfort food mash up for you! It’s meal time magic in every slice with ham & bacon in every bite in between layers of rich cottage cheese & mashed potato filling separated by soft pasta.
Do you love the taste of Pierogis?
Those Eastern European dumplings stuffed with cream mashed potato goodness, but dread the amount of work involved with making the dough, stuffing, and sealing them by hand?
Then this here’s the thing for you. Pierogi LASAGNA.
Now it’s true you could go to the frozen food aisle and just buy a bag (and I will, in a pinch), but they can’t ever compete flavor wise with the real thing.
Or even with our more modernized version.
Pasta, potatoes, cheese, and bacon.
Does it get any better than that? I’m pretty sure those are the hubs and sons four favorite food groups. All four of them, lol.
Still, they might not be the best groups to associate with (especially all at once) if you’re watching your carb intake.
If that’s not a major concern, then throw caution to the wind and buckle up for this wild flavorful ride you’re about to get on. It certainly doesn’t get any more eventful, or enjoyable, than with this Pierogi Lasagna.
Good luck stopping at a single slice. Not a single person in my house has that much self control.
Alternating layers of rich cottage cheese, and creamy whipped mashed potatoes studded with bacon, ham, and a generous serving of cheddar cheese. Lucius would be a fair description of these gorgeous layers.
Sandwiched between a traditional pasta base of cooked lasagna noodles, this Pierogi Lasagna is topped with another sprinkle of cheddar cheese, crisp, crumbled bacon, more chunks of chopped ham, and oven-baked to perfection.
You need this delicious old school Eastern European twist on the classic Italian dish in your life. At least once, or twice.
With the colder days and colder nights approaching, there’s no better time of year to give it a try.
Other Lasagna Ideas You Might Also Enjoy:
- Crockpot Lasagna
- Lasagna Soup
- Cheesy Buffalo Ranch Chicken Lasagna
- Chicken Caesar Lasagna
- Mac And Cheese Lasagna
If you’ve tried this cheesy PIEROGI LASAGNA, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
- 12 cooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese divided
- 3-4 cups mashed potatoes
- 6-8 slices of bacon cooked crisp & crumbled + extra for topping
- 1 cup diced or chopped, ham + extra for topping
- 1 onion chopped sauteed until just beginning to caramelize
- 8 slices bacon fried crisp and crumbled
- Mix together the cottage cheese, egg and green onion, stirring until evenly combined.
- In another bowl, mix together 1 cup of cheddar cheese, mashed potatoes, garlic powder, bacon, ham, & sauteed onion.
- Line the bottom of a greased 9 x 13″ baking dish with 4 of the lasagna noodles.
- Spread the cottage cheese mixture out evenly over the noodles.
- Add 4 additional noodles and cover evenly with the potato mixture.
- Top with remaining 4 noodles, remaining cheese and extra crumbled bacon and extra chopped ham.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with sour cream, if desired.
Leave a Comment