A fun new way to do lasagna, this twist on the classic features flavorful rotisserie chicken, a creamy alfredo sauce, fresh spinach leaves and roasted red peppers. This Chicken Caesar Lasagna is where dinner and casserole is at.
I know most people associate meaty red sauces and heavy cottage or ricotta cheeses with lasagna.
On our traditional days, so do we.
But we eat a lot more chicken than we even have red meats.
It was only natural that I’d end up finding a way to incorporate the two into one of our favorite pasta laden dishes.
Bonus points, because this dish is less dense.
Meaning less calories, less fat- all the while still including the carbs and cheese you love.
I didn’t say this Chicken Caesar Lasagna is great for you, just a teensy bit less bad for your diet.
What’s important here is that there are many luscious layers of yummy-ness in a single casserole dish here.
This lasagna may, or may not, induce googly eyes and sudden bouts of inability to think of anything else until you’ve gotten your hands on some- or a pan-full.
So we’ve already mentioned that this recipe features chicken as opposed to the more traditional beef or sausage.
This is one of the reasons I love having a rotisserie chicken on hand in my fridge.
Pull it out, shred or dice up some meat, and we’re in business come supper time.
A couple other fresh produce items, like baby spinach leaves and roasted peppers, and my favorite alfredo sauce and we’re in business baby!
A creamy sauce made of alfredo, lemon juice, and a heaping helping of freshly ground black pepper is mixed with fresh baby spinach leaves, chunks of rotisserie chicken, and diced roasted red peppers.
Alternating layers of par boiled lasagna noodles, the chicken mixture, and a blend of Italian cheeses are baked in a casserole dish, topped with a sprinkle of panko bread crumbs for extra crunch, and baked to creamy, cheesy lasagna heaven.
Other Delicious Twists On Traditional Lasagna To Try
If you’ve tried this CHICKEN CAESAR LASAGNA, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Chicken Caesar Lasagna
- 9 whole lasagna noodles, cooked to al dente, and run under cold water- to stop cooking, and drained
- 15 oz jar alfredo sauce, + 3 tbsp of water swilled in the jar to get all residual sauce
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 2-3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, trimmed
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumba
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the alfredo sauce, lemon juice, and pepper until evenly combined. Add the chicken, spinach, and peppers- again stirring until evenly combined.
- Lightly coat a 9x13" baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Layer 3 of the lasagna noodles evenly out over the bottom. Evenly spread with 1/3 of the chicken mixture out over the noodles.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the Italian cheese evenly out over top. Repeat the layers twice, and finish off with the remaining cheese.
- Cover the dish with tinfoil and bake at 325 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and butter until evenly combined. Uncover the lasagna, sprinkle this mixture evenly out overtop, and return to the oven. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the bread crumbs and cheese are lightly toasted.
- Let the lasagna rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Leave a Comment