This easy lasagna rosa recipe yields an extra rich red and white lasagna. You’ll never miss the meat in this deliciously cheesy, indulgent vegetarian lasagna recipe. Make this easy red and white lasagna recipe for dinner any night of the week.
Lasagna is the ultimate in comfort food. What’s not to love about the layers upon layers of cheesy, saucy goodness? I could eat it any day of the week.
Most lasagna recipes are fairly time consuming to make though. My lasagna rosa recipe is not.
You can get this into the oven in less than 15 minutes! Not bad for a lasagna.
What is lasagna rosa?
The word rosa in Italian means pink. My lasagna rosa is a take on traditional lasagna that uses two kinds of sauce that creates a lovely pink sauce.
I’m using Alfredo sauce and spaghetti sauce mixed together for a delicious creamy blush tomato sauce. So yummy! Blush perfectly describes the gorgeous shade of pink of this sauce too.
The Best Time Saving Lasagna Recipe!
This delicious lasagna rosa is fast and easy to make unlike many time intensive lasagna recipes. I kept this recipe simple by keeping it vegetarian and using some shortcuts.
By keeping it vegetarian you don’t need to cook any meat first, so you eliminate an extra step. To speed things up even more, instead of using homemade sauce I’m using store bought spaghetti sauce and Alfredo sauce.
You can certainly use homemade sauce, and I do sometimes substitute my homemade marinara sauce in this recipe instead of spaghetti sauce because I almost always have some on hand. I’m also not cooking the lasagna noodles first, saving even more time.
To make this easy lasagna rosa, start by mixing the ricotta, mozzarella, eggs and half of the Parmesan cheese together in a large bowl.
In a second bowl, mix your red sauce and Alfredo sauce together until it is evenly combined.
Then spread a cup of sauce mixture evenly out over the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Place 4 lasagna noodles in the sauce.
Then spread another cup of sauce out over the noodles before you spoon on some of the cheese mixture. Repeat the process with 4 more noodles and more sauce and cheese. When you get to the last noodles, place them on top of the casserole and spread out the remaining sauce on top of the noodles.
Sprinkle the rest of the Parmesan cheese on top. Then cover the whole thing with foil and bake for an hour. Remove the foil and bake for an extra ten minutes.
To finish this delicious lasagna recipe, remove it from the oven and let it rest before you serve it. Don’t skip the resting step. This let’s everything set up so that you can get nice pretty slices.
Other Lasagna Recipes You’ll Love
This lasagna rosa recipe is a delicious addition to your weekly meal plan! Make a batch today to enjoy.
If you are looking for other lasagna inspiration for some extra variety, try these:
If you’ve tried this easy LASAGNA ROSA recipe, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Lasagna Rosa Recipe
- 2 15 oz containers ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce or marinara sauce
- 1 15 oz jar alfredo sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles uncooked
- Add the ricotta, mozzarella, eggs, & half the Parmesan cheese to a large mixing bowl. Stir them together until the mixture's evenly combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add both the sauce and whisk together until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Spread a cup of the sauce mixture evenly out over the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Top the sauce with four noodles. Spread another cup of the sauce mixture evenly out over the noodles. Then add half of the ricotta mixture evenly out over top.
- Repeat the layers. Finally top this with the remaining noodles. Then spread the remaining sauce evenly out over top. Sprinkle the rest of the Parmesan cheese evenly out over top.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil. Bake the lasagna at 375 degrees for 1 hour. Remove the aluminum foil and return the lasagna to the oven and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the lasagna from the oven and let it rest 10 full minutes before slicing and serving.