Southern sweet peach tea is the perfect refreshing drink to sip on your porch on a hot summer afternoon. The taste of juicy, ripe peaches runs through this thirst-quenching sweet tea recipe.
Now that we are deep in the dog days of summer, all I want is tons of iced tea.
While traditional iced tea is great, I love to switch up mine with fresh flavors of summer fruit like peaches.
It turns this classic southern recipe into a glass of something special and it’s a little less involved than making this grilled peach iced tea.
You don’t need much to make this refreshing drink.
To make it you need:
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Iced Tea Packets
How to Make
To make this, you start by making a peach simple syrup. Then you will add the syrup to to your tea.
For the peach simple syrup, peel and slice your peaches.
Add them to a medium saucepan with the granulated sugar and water.
Heat the mixture over medium high heat until the sugar dissolves and the peaches are soft.
Once the peaches soften, use a fork to smash the peaches and then whisk the water mixture together.
Reduce the heat and let the peaches sit in it for 4 to 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.
Then remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
Finish the syrup by pouring it through a fine mesh sieve to get rid of the fruit pieces.
Set it aside while you make the tea.
Now make the tea according to the directions on the package to prepare a gallon of tea.
Once you’ve made the tea, pour the syrup into the pitcher along with the fresh tea.
Top it with additional water and mix well until combined.
Chill and serve cold.
How long will this keep?
This tea will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days.
You can also freeze it into popsicles and keep the popsicles for up to a month.
How to Keep Tea Fresh
Make sure you store the tea in an air tight container in your fridge so it doesn’t take on any other flavors or aromas from its neighbors in the fridge.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure to remove the skin from the peaches before you cook them.
- Feel free to substitute a 1:1 sugar substitute or alternative.
- Use your favorite iced tea packet or brew your favorite iced tea recipe and add the syrup to that.
Other Summer Drinks You Might Love
This southern sweet peach tea is a refreshing summer drink we love. Make it this weekend and enjoy!
Looking for other summer drinks? Try these:
If you’ve tried this Southern SWEET PEACH TEA recipe, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on.
Southern Sweet Peach Tea
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 fresh peach slices- skin removed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Iced Tea packets
- In a medium saucepan add granulated sugar, water, and peach slices. Heat over medium-high heat until the sugar is melted, and the peaches are soft.
- Use a fork to smash the peaches and whisk. Reduce heat and let steep for 4-5 minutes whisking occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Pour the syrup through a fine mesh sieve to remove fruit pieces. Set aside.
- Prepare iced tea packets according to the box directions to prepare 1 gallon of tea.
- Pour the syrup into a gallon pitcher along with the fresh brewed tea. Top off with water and mix well until combined.
- Chill and serve.
Leave a Comment