When the Southern heat descends, there’s nothing better than a cool drink to find some respite. This quick & easy Fresh Blackberry Lemonade is the best, most refreshing way, to cool off & quench your thirst.
As a kid, I remember there was nothing better on a hot Summer’s day than an ice-cold glass of fresh lemonade.
Twenty some odd years later, nothing much has changed.
As an adult, I still crave an ice cold glass of the refreshing drink whenever the heat arrives.
This version of our Blackberry Lemonade is my favorite new twist on the classic.
It’s a delicious new way to enjoy the Southern staple, and embrace another seasonal staple for Summer- the blackberry.
So let’s talk about the recipe. It’s simple, sweet, and just a bit tart.
It’s my new favorite Summer sipper.
It’s bound to be your go to as well, especially after you discover how easy it is to whip up.
How To Make Fresh Blackberry Lemonade
First, we start by mixing up a simple syrup.
A simple syrup is basically an equal parts mixture of sugar and water, brought to a boil and then removed from heat and stirred until the granulated sugar is completely dissolved.
This needs to be left to cool completely.
To a blender, we add those ripe, fresh blackberries and the tart lemon juice.
Blended until smooth, this mixture is then poured through a small veined sieve to separate the juice from all of the pulp, seeds, and even foam.
The blackberry juice is added to a pitcher, then stirred with some ice cold water.
Add the simple syrup in, to taste.
We like our lemonade on the very sweet side, so we use all the syrup.
If you aren’t sure how you take yours, your best bet is to add a little bit at a time and taste test as you go.
Can You Make It A Cocktail?
This fresh blackberry lemonade is refreshing all on it’s own.
Sometimes though, I want to up the ante and turn it into an adult beverage I can sip & relax with on a warm Summer evening.
When that’s the case, I add in a splash of vodka transforming it into a tasty cocktail.
I mean (let’s be honest) nothing quite beats the heat like a bright, refreshing, and flavorful adult beverage.
You can’t find a better way to beat the Southern Summer heat than with this refreshing Blackberry Lemonade.
Whether it’s the adult version, or the Shirley Temple version, you can’t go wrong with this recipe.
Other Drink Recipes You Might Also Enjoy:
- Tropical White Wine Sangria
- Copy Cat Tropical Smoothie Blimey Limey Smoothie
- Grilled Peach Infused Sweet Iced Tea
- Sweet Black Cherry Limeade
If you’ve tried this BLACKBERRY LEMONADE, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups lemon juice fresh squeezed or store-bought
- 1 cup blackberries plus more for garnish if desired
- 1 3/4 cups water
- mint leaves for garnishing optional
- Prepare a simple syrup by combining the cup of sugar and the cup of water in a small pot on the stove. Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve the sugar. Allow to cool completely and then set aside.
- Add the blackberries and lemon juice to a blender and blend until the blackberries have pureed.
- Strain into a clear pitcher. You’ve got to strain it to remove any chunks of blackberries left and seeds.
- Add the remaining amount of water to the pitcher. Stir to evenly combine.
- Add simple syrup, to taste.
- Serve over ice, or chilled, and garnish (if desired) with mint leaves and a blackberry.
Pictures & Post Updated 8/2/18
Leave a Comment