Spaghetti is one of those meals always on my back burner. No idea what’s for dinner? Spaghetti to the rescue. This One Pot Spaghetti recipe is my absolute favorite. Everything’s cooking in one pot, ready at the same time, and perfect- with flavor absorbed into ever single bite.
Do you ever have those days, or nights, where there just don’t seem to be enough hours in the day?
Here you were getting off work, helping with homework, tidying the house with hours to spare until dinner when all of a sudden you check the clock and it’s already almost time to sit down at the table?
Happens to me all too often.
Just for those nights I like to have a list of quick, easy meals that use ingredients I always have on time. Especially on those nights, rushing to get a hearty meal on the table, a meal that makes minimal mess is essential.
One Pot Spaghetti, with it’s special secret ingredient, is at the top of my list. It’s easy to throw together, and has a to die for taste that will impress even the most traditional spaghetti lovers.
From the time you begin, you can be seated at the table with your family enjoying an un-rushed conversation over a hearty, hot meal in less than 30 minutes.
My kids’ call this ‘lunch lady spaghetti’, still to this day. When I asked them why, after the twentieth time I’d served them this dish, they told me it was because it tasted like the pasta dish they loved from their elementary school cafeteria. Normally, this might miff me, but coming from my kids’ that’s high praise. They loved to pack lunch, but once a month they’d beg to buy it. You guessed it, it was always on spaghetti day.
I think I get it too. The one pot process is pretty simple. I mean, when has this dish ever been hard? But when you make it this way, with this One Pot Spaghetti- you get something extra delicious, because every noodle soaks up every single bit of flavor imaginable.
You will never want to cook spaghetti the old way again, not after experiencing this One Pot Spaghetti. It’s incredibly tasty, and one pot makes clean up a breeze.
It’s not in a can, but it’s homemade in a synch- this is the meal of busy parents’ dreams!
Other Spaghetti Recipes You’ll Also Enjoy:
- Nonna’s Italian Spaghetti & Broccoli
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti & Meatballs Soup
- Baked Spaghetti Pie with Pepperoni
- Cheesy Mexican Chicken Spaghetti
- Spaghetti & Meatballs Garlic Bread Subs
One Pot Spaghetti
- 1 lb ground beef or sausage
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 oz spaghetti whole or broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- In a Dutch Oven, or a large pot, brown the meat with the onion. Drain.
- Add garlic and let cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add broth, spaghetti sauce, and water. Bring to a boil.
- Add spaghetti and reduce heat.
- Cook covered 17-20 minutes, or until the noodles are al dente, stirring occasionally. Add more water if needed.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
PIN IT FOR LATER!