This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SoHoppinGood #TopYourSummer #CollectiveBias
Calling all S’mores lovers. We’ve sandwiched Summer’s perfect flavor combination into a graham cracker crusted ice cream pie and topped it off with toasted marshmallows and a generous drizzle of hot fudge.
When I was younger it seemed like the temperature crept up on us in Summer. These days it seems to slam down all at once. We all have those tried and true methods that help us deal with it– from pool days to ice pops, and even taking a break in the AC.
I am not even going to lie, there have been a few days where I’ve planned my outings specifically on where it’ll be the coolest. For example– when I go to Walmart for a grocery run. 9 times out of 10, on a 90-degree day you will find us all making a bee-line for the frozen food section as soon as we get into the store. It’s the best way to get acclimated. It doesn’t hurt that it also gives me the perfect excuse to stock up on some ice cream. Nothing makes for a more refreshing treat after a post-dinner romp around the back yard.
I didn’t get far down the ice cream aisle before I was stopped by a surprising sight- clear ice cream cartons, a genius new idea from Blue Bunny®. They’re totally see-through, showing off every rich & creamy flavor in real time. I wanted to eat them all. You could even see the ribbons of special additions running through each flavor. Adding one to my cart was a no-brainer.
I couldn’t choose just one, so I took home three: Blue Bunny® Homemade Vanilla, Blue Bunny® Super Chunky Cookie Dough®, and Blue Bunny® Red Velvet Cupcake. Also it’s Summer, and Summer should be fun, so I made sure to grab a jar of Smucker’s Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping too.
Sooner or later though, it was time to head back out into the heat and home with our cool treats.
I had s’mores on the brain, too. I’d been toying with the idea of having a bonfire so we could get that ooey,gooey fix– but that was just going to add heat on top of heat. And didn’t that just stink because in our house s’mores are a summertime staple and the flavor of the season. Then I remembered the rich and creamy ice cream I’d just bought. If you can’t beat ’em, join ’em, right? I gave up trying to fight the heat– there’s no avoiding it. So I shifted gears and if I couldn’t beat the heat, I’d embrace it with the help of Blue Bunny® ice cream.
A crisp graham cracker pie crust holds yummy vanilla ice cream that’s been swirled and studded with chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. Topped with a smooth layer of freshly whipped cream, it’s finished off with toasted marshmallows and a generous drizzle of Smucker’s Hot Fudge Ice Cream Topping.
- 1 9" graham cracker pie crust, store bought or homemade
- 1 48 oz tub Blue Bunny® Homemade Vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup + 1/3 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Smucker's Hot Fudge Spoonable Topping
- 1 graham cracker sheet, for garnish (optional)
- Prepare your pie crust, if making from scratch-- otherwise you can opt to keep it in the tin or remove it to another dish of your choosing. Keep in mind it's going in the freezer later.
- Allow the ice cream to sit on the counter and soften a few minutes-- just until stir-able, not melted. Use a sturdy spatula to stir in the chocolate chips and 1 cup of marshmallows until evenly incorporated. Scoop the mixture into the pie crust.
- Place the filled pie crust into the freezer so that it sits levelly. Allow it to freeze until hard, about an hour.
- Add the cream to the bowl of a stand mixture. Whisk on medium speed for 2-4 minutes, or until the cream has thickened and soft peaks have formed. Remove the pie from the freezer and evenly spread the whipped cream out over top.
- Top the center of the pie with the remaining 1/3 cup of marshmallows. Use a kitchen torch to lightly toast, if desired.
- Heat a small skillet over warm heat. Add 1/3-1/2 of the hot fudge topping to the heated skillet and stir until melted. Working quickly, use a spoon to drizzle the hot fudge over the pie.
- Slice and serve immediately, or return to the freezer for a maximum of two hours.
- If freezing again before serving, allow the pie to 'rest' for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Looking for more ideas to help keep cool this Summer with Blue Bunny® ice cream? Head on over here to find some inspiration!