Monterey chicken spaghetti casserole is a yummy baked dish that makes the perfect freezer meal. This classic Midwestern casserole is the definition of comfort food with its tender pieces of chicken, noodles and a creamy cheesy sauce. It’s the perfect dinner to feed the family.
How do you feel about spaghetti casseroles?
My family loves spaghetti casseroles. They feed us all with no complaints.
And an added perk for me? They are so easy to put together.
I can prep one in under 10 minutes and do other things will it bakes to perfection.
There’s also usually some leftovers- which always makes me happy!
What is Monterey Chicken Spaghetti Casserole?
If you’re not familiar with Monterey chicken spaghetti, friends, you are missing out!
Monterey chicken spaghetti is a baked spaghetti casserole that combines sour cream, chicken soup, and Monterey jack cheese (hence the name) to make a delicious sauce. The sauce is lightly flavored with minced garlic.
The whole dish is just an explosion of creamy goodness topped with crunchy fried onions. You will absolutely love it!
How to Make Monterey Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
The best part of this casserole is that it is not only so yummy but it is so easy to make.
To make this spaghetti casserole start by cooking the pasta according to the directions on the package. Then drain and rinse the cooked pasta.
While the pasta cooks, add the chopped chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, spinach, garlic, and half of the cheese and fried onions to a large mixing bowl.
Then add the cooked noodles to the pot and stir to evenly combine everything.
Pour the mixture into a greased 3 quart casserole dish and spread it out evenly.
Top with the remaining cheese and fried onions before baking at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
That’s it! Now you can enjoy while it’s hot and bubbly.
How to Freeze Spaghetti Casserole
To make this dish into a freezer meal, prepare everything according to the directions until you are ready to pour it into a baking dish.
Instead of pouring it into a standard dish, pour it into an aluminum baking dish.
Then cover it with the lid that comes with the dish and wrap tightly first in foil and then in plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn.
Then just place the casserole dish into the fridge to thaw the night prior to cooking.
Bake as directed, unwrapping the plastic wrap and foil first.
Other Spaghetti Bakes You Might Enjoy
This Monterey chicken spaghetti casserole is a family favorite. Make it today and let it become one of yours!
Looking for other spaghetti bakes? Try these:
If you’ve tried this MONTEREY CHICKEN SPAGHETTI CASSEROLE, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Monterey Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach chopped
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup french fried onions
- 12 oz dry pasta noodles preferably spaghetti, linguini, or fettucine
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain the cooked pasta. Run under cool water to stop it cooking. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl- stir together to chopped chicken, soup, sour cream, spinach, half the cheese, garlic, and half the fried onions.
- Add the pasta to the pot, and stir to evenly combine.
- Grease a 3 quart casserole dish, or 9x13" baking dish, with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour the pasta mixture out into the dish. Using a spatula, spread it out evenly.
- Spread the remaining cheese and fried onions evenly out over top of the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
recipe adapted from Plain Chicken
Leave a Comment