Grilled chipotle pork tenderloin gets bathed in a spicy sauce, grilled to perfection and topped with an effortless sweet cherry salsa for a summer meal to remember. This grilled pork tenderloin will knock your socks off and impress any guests with its perfect blend of sweet and spicy flavor.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Are you looking for something beyond your basic barbecue?
Something that will blow basic burgers or ribs out of the water?
Well, my friends, look no further than this gorgeous grilled pork tenderloin topped with cherry salsa.
She’s a beaut, ain’t she?
You’ll want to make this easy, delicious tenderloin anytime you are entertaining this summer or even just enjoying a date night in.
It’s easily as good or better than any meal you could get out!
To make this you’ll need ingredients for the marinated tenderloin including:
- Pork tenderloin– You can’t make a pork tenderloin without this! Look for one that is a pinkish red color and has some white marbling throughout the meat.
- Lemon juice– Fresh lemon juice will give you the best flavor in this.
- Olive oil– I don’t recommend substituting for another oil here.
- Honey– The honey balances the heat from the chipotle peppers and adobo sauce.
- Chipotle peppers– Use the canned kind. You won’t need the whole can, only 2 to 3, depending on your desired heat level. Roughly chop them by cutting them up with a pair of kitchen sheers.
- Adobo sauce– This is the sauce that the chipotle peppers come in. It’s pretty spicy so feel free to adjust the amount if you want to reduce the heat level.
- Garlic– Use fresh garlic cloves and mince or press them.
For the cherry salsa you’ll need:
- Cherries– Go for fresh, sweet cherries. Pit them and slice them into quarters.
- Cilantro– Use fresh cilantro leaves for the pop of color.
- Lemon juice– Fresh will give you better flavor than bottled.
How to Make
This pork may look fancy, but it’s actually very easy to put together!
To do it, add all the marinade ingredients to a small bowl and whisk them together.
Then, pour half of marinade into a resealable bag with the pork tenderloin. Massage the marinade into the pork and put the pork in the fridge for at least an hour to marinate.
Cover and store the other half of the marinade in the refrigerator until you’re ready to grill the pork.
When you are ready to grill the pork, preheat your grill to medium-high.
Discard the used marinade and cook the pork over indirect heat, towards the edge of the grill, for roughly 15-20 minutes per side, or until cooked to an internal temperature of 145°F.
Once the pork reaches 145°F, place the tenderloin on a sheet of aluminum foil, bringing the edges up around it to form a ‘basket’.
Pour the remaining marinade over the pork, and seal the aluminum foil, allowing everything to rest for about 10 minutes.
While the pork rests, combine all of the ingredients for the cherry salsa.
Then, serve the salsa spooned over the pork.
Wrap leftovers tightly in foil and store them in the fridge for up 3 days.
Tips and Tricks
- Adjust the amount of chipotle peppers and adobo sauce to suite your tastes. These two ingredients pack a lot of spice.
- Not a fan of cilantro? Use fresh parsley in the salsa again.
- For a touch more of a southwest flare, you could substitute lime juice for lemon juice in either the salsa or the marinade.
Other Pork Recipes You Might Enjoy
This grilled chipotle pork tenderloin with cherry salsa will impress anyone you serve it to.
Make it the next time you entertain this summer!
Looking for other pork recipes? Try these:
- Baked Pork Loin With Raspberry Dijon Sauce
- Roast Pork Loin with Rosemary Brown Sugar Sauerkraut
- Crockpot Smothered Pork Chops
- Pork Schnitzel
- Nonna’s City Chicken
- Thai Peanut Pork Tenderloin
- Pork Tenderloin with Apple Cider Gravy
If you’ve tried this GRILLED CHIPOTLE PORK TENDERLOIN WITH CHERRY SALSA, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Grilled Chipotle Pork Tenderloin with Cherry Salsa
- 1-2 lb pork tenderloin
For The Marinade
- juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2-3 chipotle peppers coarsely chopped
- 3 tsp adobo sauce from the can of chipotle peppers
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
For The Fresh Cherry Salsa
- 1 cup sweet dark cherries, pitted and sliced into quarters
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Combine marinade ingredients. Pour half of marinade into a resealable bag with pork tenderloin; cover and store the other half of the marinade in the refrigerator until you’re ready to grill the pork. Marinate the pork for at least an hour.
- Pre-heat your grill to medium-high. Discard the used marinade and cook the pork over indirect heat, towards the edge of the grill, for roughly 15-20 minutes per side, or until cooked to an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Place cooked pork tenderloin on a sheet of aluminum foil, bringing the edges up around it to form a ‘basket’. Pour the remaining marinade over the pork, and seal the aluminum foil, allowing everything to rest for about 10 minutes.
- To Make The Salsa:
- Combine all of the ingredients and serve over the pork.
originally published July 16, 2015
recipe adapted from Sweet Peas & Saffron
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details. As always, all opinions are my own.