A light ice cream infused with the sweetness of fruity white wine is a heaping helping of adult dessert. Served topped with fresh fruit this Dessert Wine Ice Cream is sinfully sweet and the perfect way to treat yourself at the end of a long, hard day.
OK, ok… I may be overdoing it a bit with the indulgent desserts recently. A bit. But can you blame me? As much as I love my boys, I’m a stay at home Mom and let’s face it– after those grueling last few weeks of Summer vacation, school’s finally back in session!
We’re on week 2 to be specific.
I briefly celebrated the first morning I packed everyone up and watched them load onto their buses. It usually takes a few weeks until my Mommy brain kicks in and I forget about all the grumping, harumphing, and constant bickering and miss them like crazy again.
Then the homework started coming home. The reading, the math, filling out so many forms in triplicate that my hands are going to be cramped up for days like I’m an old crone. And the homework is painful.
It shouldn’t be. It’s really relatively simple. Well, to me at least. To my seven year old? Writing 15 sentences with your Word Wall words is a process that’s fraught with boughts of panic when you can’t think of a sentence to use the word ‘dust’ in.
It also takes for-eeeeever, when philosophical questions of cosmic importance about the mysteries of like are constantly plaguing your every other thought. When we finally emerge on the other side of the spelling assignment, we’re both upset to remember there’s more– moving on to math.
It will get better, I know. As the days go on and we get back into a rhythm things will go smoother and get done at a faster pace. Until we get there though? We both need some comforting when it’s over for the evening.
For both of us, there’s very few problems a cold bowl of creamy ice cream can’t fix. Go ahead, skip the bunny tracks and cookie dough cartons.
Save those for the kids, because we’ve got something better that’s just for you! This wine-infused version is the perfect treat for adults when they need some edible relaxation.
This Dessert Wine Ice Cream doesn’t have the typical thick and creamier texture of the ice cream you’re used to. It’s lighter, and a bit flakier like a combination between shaved ice and ice cream. It melts in your mouth though and is smooth and creamy with a delightfully fruity after taste.
Serve it with fresh fruit for a healthy topping that pairs perfectly.
Drink your wine, and eat it too with a bowl of this dreamy dessert ice cream. Indulge a little and taste your stress just melting away!
Other Dessert Style, Wine-Infused Recipes You Might Also Enjoy:
- Red Wine Ice Cream Floats
- Peach White Wine Slushies
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Red Wine Buttercream
- Tropical White Wine Sangria
Dessert Wine Ice Cream
- 5 oz fruity white wine like Moscato
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 heaping cup of heavy whipping cream
- fresh berries for serving such as blackberries or raspberries
- In the bowl of a stand add the whipping cream. Whisk on low-medium speed for 2-3 minutes, or until it's whipped and soft peaks have formed.
- Add the sugar to a blender or food processor, pulse the sugar until a super fine (but not powdery) consistency is reached. Let the sugar 'dust' settle for a few seconds.
- Add the sugar to a separate mixing bowl and stir in the wine until the sugar's dissolved.
- Pour the sugared wine into the whipped cream and whisk just until incorporated.
- Transfer the ice cream mixture to a rigid container, like a metal loaf pan or a plastic tupperware dish. Cover the dish and place it in the freezer until frozen firm, about 4 hours.
- Scoop the ice cream into bowls and serve topped with the fresh berries. Splash with a bit more wine if desired.