Turn a bag of frozen pierogi into the most comforting casserole ever with this cheddar bacon ranch pierogi bake. With smoky bacon, smooth cream cheese and big ranch flavor, this dish pleases the whole family. Perfect for cold winter nights or for game day eats, this cozy casserole will warm you up and help you beat the dead of winter blues.
The January doldrums have started to settle in. I know we are only in the first post holiday season stretch but the thought of a long cold winter has me wanting to curl up under a blanket.
Since that’s generally not an option with 4 kids at home, I’ll take making and eating comfort food for the rest of the winter.
If this cheddar bacon ranch pierogi bake isn’t comfort food that will make a cold winter night a little bit warmer, I don’t know what is.
It has so many comforting elements. Pillowy potato dumplings. Two kinds of cheese. And did I mention bacon?
The same elements that make it so comforting make this pierogi casserole so flavorful. Frozen pierogis by themselves are yummy. But loaded with all of this extra goodness? Even better.
Smoky, salty bacon and a delightfully tangy and creamy cheese sauce compliments the pierogi flavor, which is good on its own.
Don’t let the ranch cheese sauce scare you away from making this dish. One of the best parts of this pierogi casserole, besides how delicious it is? How simple it is to put together. There aren’t any ingredients that are hard to find. And there are no cooking techniques that are overly complicated.
To start, just empty a 16 ounce bag of frozen pierogis into a casserole dish. Make sure to spread them out into a single layer. Set it aside while you make the cheese sauce.
To make the creamy ranch cheese sauce, just add the cream cheese, chicken broth, and ranch seasoning to a medium pot on the stove. Heat it up over medium heat and stir regularly. Keep cooking and stirring until the ingredients are evenly combined. It only takes a couple of minutes.
After the sauce is prepared, you pour it over the casserole dish of frozen pierogis. Then top the sauce covered pierogis with the cheddar cheese and cooked, crumbled bacon. Then comes the hardest part: waiting 20 minutes or so for this cheddar bacon ranch pierogi casserole to bake in the oven.
It’ll be worth the wait though when you pull it out of the oven and the casserole will be bubbling away in all its cheesy ranch goodness just begging you to dive right in.
Other Cheesy Baked Dishes You Might Also Enjoy:
- Cheesy Ground Beef & Rice Casserole
- Beefy Cheesy Tomato Casserole
- Cheesy Buffalo Ranch Chicken Lasagna
- Rotisserie Chicken & Rice Casserole
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pierogi Bake
- 16 oz pkg frozen potato filled pierogi
- 3-4 slices bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled
- 2-3 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp ranch salad dressing seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- thinly sliced green onions, for garnish (optional)
- Place the frozen pierogi in a single layer in a casserole dish.
- Add the cream cheese, broth, & ranch seasoning to a medium sized pan, heating over medium heat. Whisk the two together, stirring often, until completely incorporated and the sauce is smooth. Pour it evenly out over the pierogi.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar & bacon evenly out over top of the sauce laden pierogi.
- Bake the dish at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and the pierogi are cooked through.
- Garnish the casserole with green onions before serving.