This copycat Baja Blast recipe tastes just like the addicting Taco Bell drink. With it’s icy blue green color and refreshing flavor, this spot on imitation will take you on a trip to your favorite fast food place without ever having to leave your home.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
My boys and I love Taco Bell.
Aside from loading up on 5 layer burritos and chalupas, we have to get the classic Baja Blast every time we go.
It’s so good!
The lemon lime flavor and slushiness of it is the perfect combination of sweet and refreshing.
It’s definitely the perfect way to top off a spicy meal.
What is a Baja Blast?
The Baja Blast is a Mountain Dew based soft drink that’s served ice cold.
It’s got a signature blue color, a big shot of caffeine from the Mountain Dew and loads of lemon lime flavor.
To make this at home you’ll need:
- Powerade- Blue Powerade gives this drink its perfect ocean blue color. While you could substitute another blue sports drink, the taste may vary slightly.
- Mountain Dew- You can’t make a Mountain Dew based beverage without the soda.
- Lemon lime soda- Use your favorite be it Sprite, 7up or another kind.
How to Make
Making this is so easy!
Just fill two 8 ounce glasses halfway with ice.
Then add 3 ounces of each Powerade and Mountain Dew and 2 ounces of lemon lime soda to each glass.
Then stir to combine and enjoy!
If you are feeling fancy, you can garnish with sliced lemons and limes.
This drink is best served right away.
I don’t recommend making it much ahead of time since the soda will get flat.
However, if you are serving it for a party, you could fill a punch bowl with a big batch just prior to the party starting.
Tips and Tricks
- For best results, use blue Powerade over any other kind of sports drink.
- Use your favorite lemon-lime soda.
- Make them extra fancy with lemon and lime wedges and maybe some fun paper straws.
- This recipe easily doubles, triples or more if you are making them for a party.
- Make an adult version by spiking each glass with an ounce or two of citrus flavored vodka.
Can This Be Made Into A Baja Blast Freeze?
While and ice cold glass of Taco Bell’s baja blast hits the spot on a hot day, it’s nothing compared to enjoying a baja blast freeze.
This recipe is easy to transform into the refreshing slushie dessert sold at fast food franchises.
Simply add all of the ingredients to a large ziplocking gallon sized freezer bag. Squeeze out the excess air, and ensure the bag is 100% sealed. Lay it flat in the freezer, and let it chill for 3-4 hours or until mostly frozen.
Squeeze the bag, breaking up any large chunks, until the ingredients are evenly combined and it’s reached a slushie-like consistency.
Pour it into cold glasses, and enjoy!
Other Taco Bell Copycat Recipes
This copycat Baja Blast recipe is a refreshing, homemade version of the fast food classic.
Make it to top off your next taco night and enjoy!
Looking for other Taco Bell copycat recipes?
If you’ve tried this TACO BELL COPYCAT BAJA BLAST RECIPE, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Taco Bell Copycat Baja Blast
- 6 oz. blue Powerade
- 6 oz. Mountain Dew
- 4 oz. lemon-lime soda
- Fill two 8 oz glasses halfway with ice. Add 3 oz. Powerade, 3 oz. mountain dew, and 2 oz lemon-lime soda to each glass. Stir to combine and enjoy!
- Top with slices lemons and limes for garnish (optional)
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details. As always, all opinions are my own.