This copycat Costco chicken bake recipe means now you don’t have to take a trip to Costco to enjoy their signature food court cult classic. A stromboli crust wraps around chicken, cheese and creamy dressing giving you a portable savory turnover perfect for lunch or dinner. Make them today!
I love Costco. It’s a passionate madly in love situation. Like for real.
It’s my home away from home, and I’m not ashamed to admit it. My husband often jokes that our life is sponsored by Costco, and he’s just as proud to find a quality bargain there as I always am.
I love Costco not just for their bargains and premade meal items like rotisserie chicken, but for their food court.
The portions are huge and the prices are good making it easy to feed the family for a quick lunch or dinner, or just grab a quick snack to top us off after an intensive shopping trip.
While others swoon over their pizza (every single one of my boys), I have been obsessed with their chicken bakes ever since I first tried one when I was in elementary school. They are just so yummy and delicious.
What is a Costco chicken bake?
It makes me sad that not everyone has experienced the perfection that is a Costco chicken bake.
The name is a little misleading, painting a picture of some sort of chicken casserole, perhaps with rice. But the real thing? It is so much better!
Costco chicken bakes are like Hot Pockets or stromboli.
The outside is made of a seasoned pizza like crust. And on the inside? The most scrumptious combination of chicken, creamy Caesar dressing, cheese and bacon.
It’s literally the best thing ever.
Why should I make a Costco chicken bake at home instead of buying the frozen ones?
Do not be fooled by the ones in a box that they sell in their frozen food section.
They’re good, and a great option if you don’t have access to the real thing. But they’re a pale imitation of the real deal.
There’s literally no comparing the two!
And now with my copycat Costco chicken bake recipe, you can experience the joy of this delicious treat even if you are nowhere near a Costco.
How to Make Copycat Costco Chicken Bake
Making a copycat Costco chicken bake is easy and results in the best dinner or lunch ever.
To make it, start by dividing pizza dough into 6 equal pieces. You can use your favorite homemade dough recipe or shortcut this with store bought dough.
Once the dough is divided, roll each piece out into a thin rectangular shape. Then spread 1/6 of the creamy Caesar dressing out evenly over the dough, leaving an inch border around the edges.
Do the same thing with the chicken and bacon. Then top with 1/2 a cup of mozzarella cheese.
Now you can roll it to make your stromboli like log.
To roll it, start at the long and roll the dough up around the filling as tightly as you can. Then fold the two ends under and then transfer it onto a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
Repeat this process until you have made 6 chicken pockets. Once you’ve made all 6, use a pastry brush to brush some of the dressing on each pocket.
Then pop them in the oven and bake them at 415 for 16-17 minutes. Pull them out of the oven and sprinkle them with Parmesan cheese.
To finish them, pop them back in the oven and let them cook for another 3-5 minutes or until the dough is golden and cooked through.
Tips and Tricks for Making the Yummiest Chicken Bakes Ever
Follow these tips to make sure your homemade chicken bakes turn out as delicious as the ones at Costco:
- Make sure you use creamy Caesar. The non-creamy Caesar vinaigrette doesn’t yield the same results in this. However, the thinner vinaigrette kind is actually what Costco themselves serve it with (upon request) for dipping!
- Don’t sub bacon bits instead of crispy crumbled real bacon. Trust me!
- No need to make homemade chicken for this. Rotisserie chicken is perfect.
- Don’t skip brushing the tops of the dough with dressing and sprinkling them with cheese. It adds another level of flavor that is out of this world.
- For a prettier finish, use shredded Parmesan cheese instead of grated.
Looking for Other Copycat Costco Recipes? Try these!
This copycat Costco chicken bake recipe is one your whole family will love. Make it today for a yummy dinner or the most delicious lunch ever.
While this is my very favorite copycat Costco recipe, try these if you’re looking for more variety:
If you’ve tried this COPYCAT COSTCO CHICKEN BAKE RECIPE, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Copycat Costco Chicken Bake Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb pizza dough homemade or store bought
- 2 1/2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup cooked, crumbled, crisp bacon
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup creamy Caesar dressing
- Divide the dough out into roughly six equal pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough out into a thin rectangular shape.
- Spread 1/6th of the Caesar dressing out evenly over the dough, leaving roughly an inch border all around the edges.
- Spread 1/6th of the chicken evenly out over top the dressing, followed by the same amount of bacon.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese evenly out over top.
- Pick a long side, and roll the dough up as tightly as you can. Then tuck the side edges under, and transfer the log to a baking sheet sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Repeat until all six chicken bakes are prepared.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the tops of each chicken bake with some of the dressing.
- Bake them at 415 degrees for 16-17 minutes, then remove them from the oven and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese evenly out over top.
- Bake them for another 3-5 minutes, or until the chicken bakes are golden brown and the dough's cooked through.
- Remove the chicken bakes from the oven and let them rest for 2-3 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serve them with extra Caesar dressing for dipping and enjoy!