This recipe for Chicken Club Pasta Salad is an easy to make pasta salad that combines everyday ingredients for a hearty side dish. Its so simple it’s perfect for the last minute meal or to plan ahead for.
My kids always ask what’s to eat. What’a for dinner? Something along those lines. And they’ve always got some comment to drop.
No, when I include ‘club’ in the dish it doesn’t mean we’re having a party. It does not mean that the recipe is from (or part of) some secret organization. Sheesh.
At least if it’s going to be an ever evolving game of 395,102 questions then their imaginations are keeping it interesting.
What me using the word ‘club’ means is that it’s full of yummy goodness, like chopped chicken and cheese– crisp crumbled bacon, sliced tomatoes, and shredded lettuce if I’m feeling it.
Instead of sandwiching it between two slices of toasted bread we’ve mixed it all together in a big bowl of yum. We didn’t forget those carbs though, which is where the pasta comes in.
Bound together in solidarity by a creamy ranch mayonnaise dressing– it’s a real kid & crowd pleaser.
Remember all those pesky questions I mentioned earlier? This is guaranteed to stop them in a single bite.
Not indefinitely, but enough to let you enjoy the meal and savor the silence along with the dish.
Chicken Club Pasta Salad
- 8 oz medium sized shell pasta
- 8 slices bacon cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken breast or even pre-made rotisserie
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup grape tomatoes tomato halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese cubed
- 1/2 avocado diced (optional)
- Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp chives
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients for the dressing into a blender. Blend until evenly incorporated and frothy. Refrigerate until needed.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions- just to al dente. While straining the pasta run it under cold water to stop it cooking.
- Transfer the cooled and strained pasta into a large salad bowl. Add in the remaining ingredients, except for the dressing, and gently toss them to evenly distribute. Stir in the dressing a 1/4 cup at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately or let the pasta salad chill until ready to serve.